Author Topic: HEAVEN Round 2 - Clarence 21 & 22 April  (Read 7880 times)

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVEN Round 2 - Clarence 21 & 22 April
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 06:18:20 am »
And another fine weekend of racing! Well done to the Heaven Committee for putting on another great event.
Thanks to all for pitching in with the flagging, this new system seemed to work well. A full race program and we were finished before 4pm.

KJ222 aka 'the steam train'
[/quote

Steam train isn't the word! Might have something to do with being an 84 Honda buddy!!  :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:21:41 am by Ando »

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 11:06:13 am »
yep good fun was had all rounds,(apart from couple "wia's"  :(),tad greasy sat,spoton for most on sundy,(havta revise my last lap strategies  ;D), :P
ps Ando,think it was more the missing rad cap  ;)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Montynut

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 12:16:48 pm »
The steam (smoke?) screen was actually a cunning and devious race plan by KJ, he is a big fan of the Bond series of movies don’t you know  ;D

The track was fantastic although my first lap on Saturday morning had me thinking that we were not in for a good weekend. The track came to us all weekend. No dust, moist track which didn't cut up or rut out badly was a heap of fun all day on Sunday. The weather was ideal.

Thanks to all the rides for the prompt marshal changes and co-operation with Bob, Mike and Greg H to make the day run smoothly.

Hope to see some photos soon as there were several purple vest out and about  ;)

The WIAs are both home and resting. The most seriously injured rider has some broken bones (shoulder and elbow) that are still to be fully evaluated mid-week. Everyone hopes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 12:57:16 pm »
yep good fun was had all rounds,(apart from couple "wia's"  :(),tad greasy sat,spoton for most on sundy,(havta revise my last lap strategies  ;D), :P
ps Ando,think it was more the missing rad cap  ;)

I don't it done the same with the cap on!

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 02:49:37 pm »
Hey Steam Train, I thought you had invented a new way to clean the bike as you raced. Was looking for the sponge and sop bucket flapping off the back, but wait it was only you as you entertained the crowds and fellow races by going from one save to another. Never seen a bike do so many u turns, zig zags ( we were near the Zig Zag Railway ) around a track. If you had a speedo on the front wheel i bet it would show an increase of 50% over the traditional race line.

Good to see everyone enjoyed the weekend.

Spoke to Senior Barratt and young Jake appears to have only a knock to the leg and should be up and ready to race soon. He was grinning as he got a day of school.

See you in Canberra and it may be on the old Kumagutza track ( did i spell that the right way???)

Cheers

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 06:02:21 pm »
Not a bad wrap up of the weekend however i will wait for the novel by ERNEST HEMMINGWAY #100....
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline PCMAX

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 07:42:48 pm »
Have to agree with Greg Montynut, early laps on Saturday were a bit eeeww!! But the track and weather held up for an excellent days racing on Sunday.
A big thanks to Bob B, Carl B, Greg S, & Greg H, and all those who volunteered their services for flagging/marshalling. It made for a very slick & well run event.
I too await Ringo Hemmingway's latest novel on the weekends events.
74 MX250A, 75 CR250, 82 CR125, 82 YZ250J, 84 XR250,

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 06:15:39 am »
Hey Steam Train, I thought you had invented a new way to clean the bike as you raced. Was looking for the sponge and sop bucket flapping off the back, but wait it was only you as you entertained the crowds and fellow races by going from one save to another. Never seen a bike do so many u turns, zig zags ( we were near the Zig Zag Railway ) around a track. If you had a speedo on the front wheel i bet it would show an increase of 50% over the traditional race line.

Although my memory is fading in my 'middle age', I hate that term, I do remember MX being an endurance test as well as a race. Being an advocate for longer races, these 3 & 4 lap races are over almost before they begin, I thought I'd take it upon myself and lengthen my races anyway. Glad you noticed Bob. ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:18:24 pm by KJ222 »
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)