Author Topic: Townleys attemp at clearing Conondale drunks hill  (Read 5263 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: Townleys attemp at clearing Conondale drunks hill
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 08:48:10 pm »
Sadly it looks to me that have ruined what was a very good natural terrain jump. Huge respect for crazy riders trying to clear it thou
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 09:08:24 pm »
Sadly it looks to me that have ruined what was a very good natural terrain jump. Huge respect for crazy riders trying to clear it thou
It's still basically the same drunks hill without the jump in the run up to it and the track goes straight ahead instead of veering to the left.. good luck if anyone wants to try it anyway

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 11:52:38 pm »
Interesting how different people/riders see tracks in different ways. Townleys comment on the track was;

To be honest I was a little bit disappointed with the track. I thought it would be better, just from the banners and preparation – I was disappointed. The track was great with the layout, but I thought it was too fast. On a 450 you can go way too fast on a track like that. But I think that the whole team side of things that they do a great job, I’d just like to see the tracks come up to that same level.

RACERX
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

STW996

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 11:28:00 am »
Hey Bahnzy I think you need to read that interview again and post the whole thing, he was talking from the point of the amount of money and commitment that the teams were putting in which is a general comment, if he is concerned about the speed he is going to shit if he does go to Coonabarabran.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 10:44:23 pm »
Shane,
I did post the link. It was under the text "RACERX", Looks as if didn't work so here is the link to the article.
http://www.racerxonline.com/2012/04/04/5-minutes-with-ben-townley

His primary comment of "To be honest I was a little bit disappointed with the track" is what he opened with and was closed off by saying that "it was too fast".

My interpretation of his secondary comment was that the teams had raised to a certain level but the tracks had not and was not focussed on Connondale. To your point, i think that Barrabool would be the fastest track on the tour if they use horsepower hill.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

STW996

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 08:39:56 am »
You are pretty well spot on now mate, the level of the teams is now the highest in Australia and is leaving the road racers behind.

Sunshine Coast is a small club compaired to most so did well I think to put together a great days racing.

Remember (Townley) is a guy that has been either US or Euo based for years.

Point of interest, I was talking to one of the track guys yesterday and as he said 2 weeks before the place was in flood for the 2nd time in a month so to have the event there at all was luck.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 09:38:55 am »
Shane,
Having met most of the team at Connondale I doubt that luck was the major player in getting an event going, I think that the smarts of that committee and members was more the reason. It may not be the case, but from an outsider looking in, I think that a lot of clubs could learn from clubs like Sunshine Coast as to preparing and running an event if the Classic Dirt events are a gauge.

Rod
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

gilletty

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 08:56:52 pm »
It's still basically the same drunks hill without the jump in the run up to it and the track goes straight ahead instead of veering to the left.. good luck if anyone wants to try it anyway

True Johhny. Hasn't been a "natural" jump for a long time now. That ramp was done about six or seven years ago as the original natural jump had worn down, it was just cleaned up and a little more dirt added for the Aussies. Still a good fun jump, shame was so wet last weekend.