Author Topic: '81 IT465H  (Read 1114 times)

Offline AdamN

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
'81 IT465H
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »
After much deliberation, I have decided to put my beloved IT on the market. I have a few plans which need funding, and as I don't ride this much, I have decided to offer it up for sale. This has had an extensive amount of work done to it, I have sourced many many NOS and hard to find OEM parts for it. It has a lot of the hard to find parts on it, battery box, brake light switches and guides, blinkers etc etc. All the plastics are original Yamaha which have been cleaned up and polished. Just about every bearing bush and seal have been replaced. All the bolts nuts and brackets have been re-plated etc. This has been a real labour of love for me. There is a bag full of Yamaha OEM parts bags so you can see what has been replaced. Whilst it is not a complete concourse nut and bolt restoration, it is very nice if I may say so. This has been ridden once at Lockmaree, at CD7 at Conondale, and the Cookardinia Vinduro, so it does have some paint missing on the frame and clutch cover etc. Whilst I don't expect to get any sort of return on the money spent, I am looking at $5000 for it. If you are serious, call me on 0407 913 784 and I can give you the full run down on it.

These pics aren't new, but the bike is still exactly as shown here.

Cheers
Adam
'82 PE175Z, '92 YZ125D1, '93 WR500ZE, '13 KTM350EXC-F, '16 Husky TE300

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: '81 IT465H
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 12:31:35 PM »
Nice Adam!  :)
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"