Author Topic: Logan Trials club day  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Eddy#36

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Logan Trials club day
« on: March 25, 2012, 04:57:57 pm »
Just got back from Canungra trials day

Good turn out
would have been about 8 vintage trials bikes out there, all having a good time amongt moderns

Ty's, RL's Bultaco's, TL and even a Triumph trails bike

albrid-3

Re: Logan Trials club day
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:11:51 pm »
I am keen to get involve with twin shock trials too, I sure what to buy, there isn`t a big choice out there.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:12:27 pm »
i've just joined the twinshock trials brigade this year too on a beat up old TY175.
(yep, they're everywhere and the obvious choice for the entry level twinshock guy).
the Logan Districs club is run by a pretty fine bunch of people i believe but i joined the W.D.T.C. and have done 2 trials so far this year and am enjoying the fun "BIG TIME"!
so far in the twinshock class i've seen mostly 175 TY's, a few nice Bultaco's, a Honda or 2, some really weird home made "specials" (TS250?, DT monoshock converted to twinshock and some other stuff),
no Monty's? (where are they?), no Ossa'a, no RL's, a Triumph (possibly the same one), a BSA Bantam :o
got any pics of the day edmedg?
"flat bickie"

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 07:51:15 pm »
Vandy, come along to the Easter 2 day trial run by Trials Club Of Qld and you will see at least one Monty
previous pseudonym feetupfun

albrid-3

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 08:28:12 pm »
I am serious thinking about hanging my boots up on VMX, and its hard to do, and tossing around vintage enduro or trials. I am bending towards trials, but not sure which cross road to take.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:30:15 pm by DBA B50 »

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 08:40:05 pm »
I am serious thinking about hanging my boots up on VMX, and its hard to do, and tossing around vintage enduro or trials. I am bending towards trials, but not sure which cross road to take.

You can do both trials and vinduro with a twinshock trials bike. I have a ball trail riding on my old trials bikes. 

albrid-3

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 08:51:42 pm »
Your right feetup, In 1976 I bought a KT 250, and I with a couple of mate on there TY did the same, trial ride through the bush, its was a lot easier then enduro bikes.
Feetup, what model trials bike do you ride.

Offline Eddy#36

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 09:03:15 pm »
i've just joined the twinshock trials brigade this year too on a beat up old TY175.
(yep, they're everywhere and the obvious choice for the entry level twinshock guy).
the Logan Districs club is run by a pretty fine bunch of people i believe but i joined the W.D.T.C. and have done 2 trials so far this year and am enjoying the fun "BIG TIME"!
so far in the twinshock class i've seen mostly 175 TY's, a few nice Bultaco's, a Honda or 2, some really weird home made "specials" (TS250?, DT monoshock converted to twinshock and some other stuff),
no Monty's? (where are they?), no Ossa'a, no RL's, a Triumph (possibly the same one), a BSA Bantam :o
got any pics of the day edmedg?

vandy I took plenty of Pics today, just need to work out how to place pics on here

Offline Eddy#36

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 09:04:44 pm »

I have a spare RL250 if your interested, PM me

albrid-3

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 09:59:10 pm »
Thank you for the offer, I have just bought a bike tonight. (honda tl ) So trials it is.

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 10:19:38 pm »
Your right feetup, In 1976 I bought a KT 250, and I with a couple of mate on there TY did the same, trial ride through the bush, its was a lot easier then enduro bikes.
Feetup, what model trials bike do you ride.
Good to see you have got a twinshock trials bike. The bikes I ride are listed at the bottom of all my postings. My favourite trials bikes for trail riding are TY250A and KT250

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 10:30:59 am »

similar story here. I bought my KT250 in late 1975 and spent quite a few enjoyable years trail riding on it and doing the odd club trial. When I did start riding open competition as a C grader, I rode my elder brothers TY250 B in a few events. After a few solo events the mate and I fitted a sidecar onto the KT and joined the dark side, before eventually progressing to a 350 Sherpa outfit in 1980. All three bikes are still in the shed, although none are goƩrs at the moment.

I was entered to ride the '75 TL250 that I bought a month or so back in the first round of the SA TROY (Trials Rider Of the Year)series down at Victor Harbour yesterday (Sunday 25th) but put my back out on Saturday and I am flat out walking let alone riding a bike at present. The work mates came around this morning a I had to get them to take the TL off of the back of the ute for me, as I could even do that.

CJ

Trials bikes in the collection;

1975 KT250 (my first bike)
1975 TY250B (my brothers bike)
1973 TL125
2 x 1976 TL125S
1975 TL250
1978 248 Cota
1978 M199 350 Sherpa sidecar
1979 M199A 350 Sherpa (my 21st present from the parents, fitted with a outfit in 1980)
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

albrid-3

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 07:27:56 pm »
How do you find the TL 250 when competing.

Offline Eddy#36

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 08:16:58 pm »
How do you find the TL 250 when competing.

Pm sent

mainline

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 01:30:46 pm »
Do they have kids courses at these type of events?