Author Topic: CNC Help required  (Read 1327 times)

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
CNC Help required
« on: March 16, 2012, 07:05:40 pm »
Any CNC machinist out there? I am looking at getting a pair of Billet Foot Pegs modified to fit my bike. I think if I took it to a engineering shop they would either send me away or charge me double what the pegs cost. I live in Brisbane on the southside, the job is small and would not take long to do. Any help or assistance would be appreciated.

Kevin
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

maico police

Re: CNC Help required
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 07:57:39 pm »
You've probably answered your own question....

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:42:53 pm »
Any CNC machinist out there? I am looking at getting a pair of Billet Foot Pegs modified to fit my bike. I think if I took it to a engineering shop they would either send me away or charge me double what the pegs cost. I live in Brisbane on the southside, the job is small and would not take long to do. Any help or assistance would be appreciated.

Kevin

If it's a small job why would you need CNC? That is preserved for making 1000's of components each one exactly the same, or very complex and intricate work to very high tolerences.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 04:16:29 pm »
Just hacksaw them!!!
Seriously, you will find someone with a mill to do the job or sit there and file them out.

Offline 270YAM

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 08:13:42 pm »
Yes agree with the other replys,
By the time a CNC shop has written a program and tooled up to do the job, a conventional machinist would have completed the job, almost certainly quicker and cheaper