Author Topic: Pro-Flo no go...  (Read 5040 times)

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Pro-Flo no go...
« on: March 24, 2008, 01:43:13 am »
It seems that the company know as pro-flo has been put out of business as the owner/operator has been ripping people off on high dollar items, claiming that shipping delays are the cause of this but it appears that myself and others have been robbed and cheated out of our stuff by yet another forking jerk from the "U.S of forking A". Despite having made several purchases from this guy over the years I bought a PVL ignition from him in the hope that I might save a few hundred compared to local price +GST (Government.Sanctioned.Theft) instead I find myself ignitionless and very angry (emails and phone calls have gone unanswered) so unless you have no other choice I can only recommend that you try to save harder and buy the same product locally.

If any members here are from the USA please feel free to hunt this forking turd down and blow his kneecaps off. I will reimburse you for the cost of ammo etc... >:(
Ban BLACK rims NOW

All Things 414

Re: Pro-Flo no go...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 10:42:45 am »
Yes about 10 months ago I ordered a heap of stuff off of these pricks. Endless e-mails and phone calls that only went to an answering machine (which you couldn't hear properly) and I gave up in the end. I've been ripped off in Oz as well so it wont stop me getting stuff from The States. We should have a shit list! :(

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:45:06 am »
Sorry to hear you got ripped off too, but the SHIT LIST a bloody good idea. ;)
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 04:06:31 pm »
yep he tried it with me when I bought v force reeds from them. I sent all sorts of threatening e mails but no go, until I found out where they were and sent them another email stating that I knew where they were and that if the goods were not shipped within 3 working days the authorities will be informed and I would open a case of fraud, and by crickey I would have too, if the c#nt had'nt sent it, all of a sudden months of shipping problems were cured in 3 days and I got the reeds priority mail. Sometimes I get so pissed off I want to get on the plane fly over,, stuff the living shits out of them and fly back. The pleasure would certainly outweigh the cost.  >:( I think we should have a black list definately.
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 07:05:49 pm »
Not exactly vmx but the same thing is happening around my town in southwest W.A. so it's not just in the ' States.  The trick around here is to quote or give an estimate to get the job, and then charge whatever figure comes into your head,usually two or three times the estimate. When you question it, it's always beyond the contractors control.   I've had five cases of it since the middle of February and because some of it applied to farm work it's big dollars. I've saved over $9000 on these jobs by fighting and by paying what the job was worth but it's f*****g annoying and very time consuming.  My attitude is that it's theft, just like taking payment and not delivering the goods, same as you guys are talking about.

Back to vmx.  How about running two lists.  First one for the guys who know their stuff ( including a reliable service ) so that they can be supported in the way the deserve to be,  and the second one a form of Blacklist so that we get caught less often by the mafia.  >:(         Where do we start ?    Cheers,   T250.

All Things 414

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:44:05 pm »
I'm sure there'd be no trouble getting a list of the "good operators" however I'm sure the legal repocussions of having a shit-list would be.......well shit-ful. Best to keep it to nods and winks and ask someone who's in the know. ;)

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 07:39:24 am »
well don't call it a shit list just call it personal experiences and I cannot see and repurcusion telling people about your experiences,,,, we must expose these heamoroids.  I think if someone wants to comment they must provide full details, not just ,,, "joe bloggs is crap stay away from him" as we can get people who have a personal grudge just stating this, but if we give details of the issue then we can make up our own minds wether the risk is worth taking. Obviously the rip-offs will get known quick because others will put their experience in too on the same crowd.     Each thread could be on a different supplier. Common what are we waiting for ????
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

gerpster

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 05:03:12 pm »
Yeh I frequent another board (not telling for fear of road bike embarrassment!!     :-[  ) that has a "recommended supplier" section. It is an excellent collection of reliable suppliers with great service and parts etc.

Needless to say within the same section we have a few non-recommended threads basically recounting bad experiences. If you keep it on the experience without degenerating into a persoanl attack most people will get the idea.     :P
It does make it difficult for the moderators if it gets personal and heated. But yeh, knowing what to avoid can be very valuable..... esp on evil bay.

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 12:58:03 pm »
Cyclegod, genuinely sorry to hear of you getting ripped off. Perhaps instead of the ammo costs( I like to load my own shells personally), we could reach an agreement. My friends call me "cash", but my good friends call me "Maicojames". ;D ;D

A light thrashing will cost a set of 38 mm Maico forks, a more "spirited round" could be purchased for a 1976 AW frame located in US. ;D ;D

Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 02:10:52 pm »
Cyclegod, genuinely sorry to hear of you getting ripped off. Perhaps instead of the ammo costs( I like to load my own shells personally), we could reach an agreement. My friends call me "cash", but my good friends call me "Maicojames". ;D ;D

A light thrashing will cost a set of 38 mm Maico forks, a more "spirited round" could be purchased for a 1976 AW frame located in US. ;D ;D

Sorry James for the "U.S bashing" but its been a trying twelve months, and losing a weeks pay on a the last item I need to get my bike going and the realisation that I will have to spend two weeks pay to buy its replacement leaves me bitter.

A "shit list" SHOULD be by individual experience but a "Good egg" list should be more general
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 02:32:49 pm »
start the list.  keep it as a sticky thread so its at the top :O)

now if 414 had posted his experiance there earlier you would have not used that supplier, so i think its only fair we blame 414 for not starting the list ( as we did dicuss this last year) and there for 414 owes you that weeks pay you lost .   only Fair right  ? ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 02:36:19 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

All Things 414

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 06:07:12 pm »
I make five bucks a week :(

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 06:16:58 pm »
I make five bucks a week :(

That the going rate for hand-job these days?  ;) :D
Ban BLACK rims NOW

All Things 414

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 06:26:17 pm »
When I do five......yes. :)

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 06:48:26 pm »
Sorry that another state side business has given the shaft to my Aussie brothers!  He nicked me for two mikuni carbs as well.
No excuse for people like that....