Author Topic: QVMX race day Coles Creek 25 March  (Read 12439 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: QVMX race day Coles Creek 25 March
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 09:53:44 PM »
Kenilworth would be pretty slippery in the wet, it's like hard packed clay. Tracks are pretty basic..straight, U-turn, straight, U-turn, straight, U-turn etc with a table top after every turn. They are built on the side of a hill and you wind your way up the hill.

So that's a yes then JohnnyO  ;D
I might go to qld moto park, it's a lot closer for me and the tracks are better.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:45 AM »
kenilworth is not the best if its pretty wet i rode ther once
and it took 4 people to push bike into ute weighed
about 250kg all the mud sticks took hours to clean
i wont go there if its real wet ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline Fabulous

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2012, 02:21:01 AM »
Kenilworth Parklands is closed at the moment . Too wet.Check Parklands mx site. it has a red for shut,green for open sign.
Top spot for a ride in the dry though. Red clay would make it a challenge (if they let you on) ;D

Offline The Stroker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »

The commitee has approached the land owner at Coles Creek ( original site ) about grading and or improving the track surface, to the value of $ 1000, an amount that was voted on at a general meetting, but he would'nt let us do it. :-\

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »
Thanks for the info Rusty and Fab... I'll be putting a line through that idea whilst it's wet... still remember getting all the crap off the bike after CD last year.

Spoke to some other guys that are up at Kenilworth regularly and they said it is shite at the moment as well the trails. Bloody rain... :-\  Simo PM sent.

Johnny, what about that Moto park? everyone complains about the dust. Sure that will not be a problem this weekend although filling in all that crap on web site is a pain in the butt or have I just got a bad attitude??  >:(

YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
Thanks for the info Rusty and Fab... I'll be putting a line through that idea whilst it's wet... still remember getting all the crap off the bike after CD last year.

Spoke to some other guys that are up at Kenilworth regularly and they said it is shite at the moment as well the trails. Bloody rain... :-\  Simo PM sent.

Johnny, what about that Moto park? everyone complains about the dust. Sure that will not be a problem this weekend although filling in all that crap on web site is a pain in the butt or have I just got a bad attitude??  >:(

Haha adjust your attitude mate! I've only ridden the mx tracks and they're well watered and no dust.. But the trails are a different story, normally pretty dusty.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »
SLAWESY keep a eye on the moto park web site as we have had a bit of rain here today.   :-\
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 09:46:30 AM »
SLAWESY keep a eye on the moto park web site as we have had a bit of rain here today.   :-\
400mm overnight-not sure Coles carpark will be dry enough by december!!!