Author Topic: QVMX race day Coles Creek 25 March  (Read 12438 times)

TM BILL

Re: QVMX race day Coles Creek 25 March
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 06:03:52 AM »
Jeezarse Joan that was a well written grown up post  ;D you've been practicing have'nt you  ;D

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 06:27:03 AM »
well said Davey, I'm full of shit.

wheter I ride in the club or not this year will not change the earlly pulling of the event, but I was coming to Coles,
Now for the comment about me being President and no repairs to this track, If it wasnt voted at a general meeting to do so by the members, it dosnt happen, go figure!
As to people needing 5 days notice because it's raining, why was the property owner even consulted so far out?
Maybe a general meeting for the club, and not at a race day were some folks might get hot under the collar before racing would be good.

Most people are full of shit davey, get used to it.

worms

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 07:38:37 AM »
Good to see we are all having fun wounder if I can piss someone off ;D
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline Robo 47

• C-Grade
  • Green bikes rule
    • View Profile
    • QVMX
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »
As a club we are the guest of the landowner.

If the landowner says it's going to be too wet, then it's going to be too wet.

The owner has the final say.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club

STW996

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 08:54:49 AM »
Davey, I will contact you direct for a bit of a chat.

I did say I was doing limited racing with the QVMX to you as I need to spend more time with my business (did I not say that to you as well that you did not note), and to clarify I said it was the Bidda meeting I was not going to do as I do not like the venue, that is my call, correct?

I have always been a loyal member of QVMX and have always supported the club and the members who put their time into it (specially the committee members). As a sponsor I have supported in dollars (from early on, if you note the umbrella's have my logo on them that was the second year I was in the club). Does that give me extra rights over other members, absolutely NOT, but do I need to be treated like any other member Absolutely yes. I am intitled to a say as well.

I do not need someone (Davey) dressing me down on here and you will get my response privately.

All I have said is that it is a shame that the next meeting is not till May and that day is a long weekend where a lot of people would (me included) go away for a break from my 6 day a week job. I do not know who set the race calendar but in defence of Trev he always did it with the members of the club.

Robo 47 I agree the rain is no ones fault and if this meeting is to be held again at a re-schedule date that would be fantastic

As for the last time we ran at Coles Creek, Davey we ran a shorter version of a track that I for one noted used virgin ground (for most part) that did not go into any of the main hollows and was great to ride for all bikes, so you must have been at a different track then us??

John, yes I too am looking forward to these meetings (Conondale GP).

If anyone does not agree with what I have said please contact me on 0412 996 771 for a chat and clarification

Regards
Shane Wilson
Wiltec Ind

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:08:32 AM by STW996 »

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »
TARPS should have put TARPS down they said it was going to rain ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
Just a thought Guys, I was thinking about going to ride park at Kenilworth for a spin soon seeing the “moons are not aligning” with the weather the way it is. I have not ridden the track but have seen it. They have three tracks that look like they could take a fair bit of water and still be fun to ride.  Actually who cares, mud can be fun when this dammed rain does not look like easing up.

I think the tracks look EVO and upwards compatible built on a hillside with plenty of parking.  Don’t know the cost or what the tracks are like with a lot of water on them. Maybe we could organise a ride day up there??

Anybody have any more info on the track and its suitability?
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Simo63

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »
Just a thought Guys, I was thinking about going to ride park at Kenilworth for a spin soon seeing the “moons are not aligning” with the weather the way it is. I have not ridden the track but have seen it. They have three tracks that look like they could take a fair bit of water and still be fun to ride.  Actually who cares, mud can be fun when this dammed rain does not look like easing up.

I think the tracks look EVO and upwards compatible built on a hillside with plenty of parking.  Don’t know the cost or what the tracks are like with a lot of water on them. Maybe we could organise a ride day up there??

Anybody have any more info on the track and its suitability?

I've been there once before Slawsey and I took my XR500RC and CR250RE around all the tracks.  I was just running the CR in from a full rebuild so didn't do too much on it but it was okay on the CR.  The XR was a different story though .. bit of a handful particularly over the tabletops  ;D

I think it was $30 for the day?  And the tracks are on a hillside so would be fun in the wet.

I'm keen to ride there this weekend if a couple want to go out.  Could take my WR450 and CR250 for a blast.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »
Kenilworth would be pretty slippery in the wet, it's like hard packed clay. Tracks are pretty basic..straight, U-turn, straight, U-turn, straight, U-turn etc with a table top after every turn. They are built on the side of a hill and you wind your way up the hill.

Simo63

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
Kenilworth would be pretty slippery in the wet, it's like hard packed clay. Tracks are pretty basic..straight, U-turn, straight, U-turn, straight, U-turn etc with a table top after every turn. They are built on the side of a hill and you wind your way up the hill.

So that's a yes then JohnnyO  ;D

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 09:32:36 PM »
Kenilworth would be pretty slippery in the wet, it's like hard packed clay

Hey Johnny, so its a bit like Conondale in the wet?? That can get ugly real quick..

Simo I might try and get a few guys I know to do Sunday if we don't get washed away in the mean time,
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Simo63

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 09:37:16 PM »
Simo I might try and get a few guys I know to do Sunday if we don't get washed away in the mean time,

That would be excellent Slawsey but if you can't or don't want to ride Kenilworth track we could go for a trail ride up in the bush if you have a registered trailie?

I think Worms is working on something for a Sunday trailie.

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2012, 09:40:41 PM »
That would be excellent Slawsey but if you can't or don't want to ride Kenilworth track we could go for a trail ride up in the bush if you have a registered trailie?

That could be an option for sure. Going stir crazy at the moment... :(
YZ125E, RM250T

Mainline "classic"

Simo63

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »

That could be an option for sure. Going stir crazy at the moment... :(

Ditto here  :(

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2012, 09:49:25 PM »
Simo, I will call some guys I know and see if they are interested in either option tomorrow.

I will PM you if I can get some of them interested in a Sunday ride.

Cheers
YZ125E, RM250T

Mainline "classic"