Author Topic: Australian Motorcycle museum  (Read 5883 times)

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Australian Motorcycle museum
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 10:17:05 am »
hoony you might as well call into my place on ya way up the coast..im halfway between sydney and brissy about 3mins off the main highway.... or you can even stay a nite to save some cash on a motel..... :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 07:14:59 pm by Andrew vmx »

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 08:33:32 pm »
Yep I was at the museum there on Saturday. It's well worth a look.  They even gave us a Bar.B.Q lunch Darcy :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 08:47:04 pm by dkupf »
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

STW996

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 03:57:54 pm »
If no go for the maico mate you could ride one of my Red Devils Hoony ;D

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 05:13:46 pm »
hoony you might as well call into my place on ya way up the coast..im halfway between sydney and brissy about 3mins off the main highway.... or you can even stay a nite to save some cash on a motel..... :)

Andrew, are you on the pacific highway? Myself and TMBill will be driving down to CD-5 from Brisbane to Raymond Terrace on Thursday 24 April. Can you set up a roadside beer tent because by the time we are driving past your place it will be "beer O'Clock"  ;)  ;D  ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 05:25:11 pm »
Thanks for the offer on the Maico 490 Brad, i would love to as its on my "must do" list but with a new baby in the family and all the gear i will lug to Brissy there will be no room for my riding gear.

also thanks to STW for the offer on that smick Red Beasty, you guys are great, i was only after a specator gig but ended up with some ride offers "how good is that"

Andrew, i will be flying up so will not pass through your way, but will pass over you so i will wave around Kempsey way. be careful with that beer tent andrew Those Crazy kiwi's will drink you dry of all your piss.

looking forward to meeting some of you blokes.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

STW996

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 05:52:51 pm »
Hey Hoony if you are flying up the track is only about 5 KM from the airport PM me and I will give you my phone number for contact, (Know you will have a lot on but if I can be of help just call).

Shane "Wiltec" Wilson

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 06:45:39 pm »
Does this photo help to scale it?
I'm pretty sure our Kiwi friends know the Airport is very close to the Gateway Bridge; and this photo indicates how close the Bridge is to the Nudgee track (see top right corner).
Just a hop, skip and a jump!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 07:22:59 pm »

Andrew, are you on the pacific highway? Myself and TMBill will be driving down to CD-5 from Brisbane to Raymond Terrace on Thursday 24 April. Can you set up a roadside beer tent because by the time we are driving past your place it will be "beer O'Clock"  ;)  ;D  ;D
yes im only 3mins off the main highway....the beer tent will be set up in the back yard but ive gotta warn you this aussie tooheys new stuff that well be drinkin is a bit stronger than the kiwi beer.... ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:27:11 pm by Andrew vmx »

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 07:38:06 pm »
Thats ok Andrew, we'll look after ya if ya get tooo pissed  ;)  ;D now what did ya say ya have in the shed  :)
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer