Author Topic: In the beginning…..  (Read 1430 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
In the beginning…..
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:23:18 PM »
In the dawn of VMX time, some Gods got together and found they had a common disillusionment with modern MX bikes.
Big 500 2 strokes of the day were a handful and only a few mere mortals could control them, and with everything else being so tall with over 300mm of suspension travel made the Gods long for the glory days of when they first raced on ancient bikes that had since long been forgotten.
They organized some days for these ancient bikes to be ridden again and in deciding what constitutes old bikes it was decided that the early short travel bikes was what they longed for again.

And so it came to pass that 7/4 was created.

It seemed to many that 1975 was a turning point in the evolution of MX development and so the new age of Pre 75 was named

Then with fire and brimstone some disciples announced that some long travel bikes had indeed been created for the world in 74 and wanted 8/6 to be created instead.
This went against the grain of the original intentions of 7/4 and much argument ensued with those that thought 1974.5 was more important.

It had now become apparent that these Gods weren’t Gods at all, they were just mere mortals themselves and had the same failings as every other human.
Every word they had written in the bible was now being scrutinized within an inch of its life. The originators knew what they meant in their writings but found their words now being twisted to mean all sorts of things.
They had foolishly thought that this only ever happened when arguing with a woman.

Some wanted to banish 8/6 into oblivion but many 8/6 believers, the most powerful being the unorthadox Maicoites, united to try to keep their beasts in the limelight.

A compromise came to pass, anything released to the public in 1974 may play with all pre 75’s so long as they adhered to 7/4.

Just like no one knows how or why the Pyramids were created the intentions of 7/4 has also slowly been lost in the sands of time.
So much time has passed that the modern bikes of the VMX creation days are now classics themselves.

Many followers still follow 7/4 and its many and varied content however some followers still only want to pray to 1974.5

Regular Sunday Masses are held all over and all denominations play together quite happily.

Then once a year a special Mass is held and representatives of the early originators try to uphold the original intentions of 7/4 but these profits, er I mean Prophets find themselves being attacked by some 1974.5 believers and much angst occurs.
Some seem to forget these Prophets are also just mere mortals with many human failings and they are just trying to uphold the wishes of the masses.

Some have predicted all will come to an end in 2012.
Most think this is hogwash and 7/4 will be followed for many years to come.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: In the beginning…..
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »
What time will the next sermon be held Geoff.
I would like to attend and ponder on the musing of passed prophets

Noel

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
Yea and verily, I say unto thee, 7/4 is the Word.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:16:52 PM »
And that is why I reckon the 'Special Mass' to be held once a year should be at Easter.
It would give us another reason to "taketh of the wine" or beer or Bourbon for the Heathens among us.

(actally, maybe we should do a quick scan out there to see what we drink compared to what we all ride??)

Offline tmman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 07:20:55 PM »
see why religion should be banned!!!!! nothing that has ever been written can be clamed as being of any use to anyone that has a brain to think for them selves... baa baa!!!!

Curly3

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:46:13 PM »
And on the 7th day God created Dirt Track, & she was happy.
Suspension travel isn't important. ;D

Offline crossedup2

• B-Grade
  • Never enough shed time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »

Things must be a bit slow at Broadford at the moment. To much time too think....... ;) ;)

Anything Yamaha. AT1, CT1 (X3), RT1, DT3 (x3), YZ125X,  YZ250E, YZ400D, IT175E, IT250H, XR500RC . Always looking for Pre 78 Yamaha stuff....

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:07:19 PM »
Not sure where sound, drums and guitars fit in there, but I know they're part of the story?!
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
Are we talking willy length here???? Include me out of the discussion as I have nothing to offer. J

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
Regular Sunday Masses are held all over and all denominations play together quite happily.

So if two or more people are discussing this thing you call mass mass , is this "mass ta bate" ,  "chaching"
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 09:30:18 PM »
I'll be at church on Sunday at Bidaddaba, with my trusty 7/4.....hellaluyah brother Geoff....may the god of speed, I mean steel bringith the gas and lightning rods forthwith and create pipes.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.