Author Topic: Calder ralley Cross  (Read 1164 times)

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Calder ralley Cross
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:13:54 am »
I was just thinking after posting on another thread about ralley cross at calder early 70's maybe, It was a bit like mottard bot more dirt from memory. the thought am i right on thinking that Joel Roberts raced there with a few other internationals. From memory Gary Adams had an amount of success on an RH72 . i think it used to be broadcast live on chanel 0 or something, ???
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Calder ralley Cross
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:29 am »
chrisdespo,
there was a bit of discussion on Calder Rally Cross a while ago. Here is a link to it.

Regards Stan.

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=14743.0#top

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 03:15:35 pm »
2 different events Chris. They ran an "International" event with Robert, Decoster et al in the early 70's (I was there!) they basically ran a track in the infield. Rallycross was created for TV, Channel 7 I think. It used the infield and the front straight ashphalt and featured 1 or 2 jumps. Gary Adams was often featured because not only was he winning on the mighty RN 370 he was also popping huge mono's down the straight. Cars were the main drawcard though and Brock, Moffat and Bob Watson in a Renault Gordini pretty much had it to themseves although from memory there was a bloke from I think Geelong called Wayne something or other in a Monaro who went alright. Great days. Cheers Jerry

albrid-3

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:41:35 pm »
I also raced at Calder Rally Cross, It was great, I have a lot of memeries of those days, I rode 72 montesa sidpiper, and in 1974 a Husky Mag. Looking back I should had rode my brothers
360 Cappra it would have been more suited to that track. If it ever came back, it would take off with great passion.

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 09:16:29 am »
Thanks Guys
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!