Author Topic: new member  (Read 1247 times)

Paul Stannard

« on: February 14, 2012, 11:36:24 pm »
Hi guys,
My name is Paul Stannard and I have just joined onto your forum.Although we have many friends and customers in Oz I have not yet been onto this site before.I have traveled from the U.S. a few years ago and had a great time at Classic Dirt 4 in Broadford.We met many new friends at that time and finally had a chance to catch up with some old friends. I love the passion you guys have with these old bikes. Thanks for letting me come on board and see what is happening in the vintage Australian motorcycle scene.I do get caught up via email or phone quite often from Ken Smith or Alistair Johnson on what is going on "down under".
Thanks
Paul

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:54:33 am »
Welcome aboard Paul.

For those who don't know (and there can't be many, surely?) Paul runs Strictly Hodaka, a deservedly famous operation that is... well... strictly dedicated to Hodakas. You can find out more - a LOT more - at his website http://www.strictlyhodaka.com/.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:00:28 am »
Hey Paul,
Good to see you on board.

CD4 seems so long ago now [it was 2007 afterall]. Why not bring Patti back downunder for CD9. You know you are always welcome...

See you in September,  ;)
Jeff
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »
Welcome Paul. The Thunderdog has blown a crank seal and I've started to gather parts to build a Combat so you will be hearing from me in the future. Darcy :)
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Paul Stannard

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:14:43 am »
Wow thank you Graeme for the great introduction !! I truly appreciate your letting me in on the groups discussions and becoming a member of the Oz VMX forum.

Jeff, Patti both plan on being back to Oz definately.This year has already turned out to be a busy one from the looks of it here in the U.S.
Diamond Don's, The ISDT reunion ride in Tulsa,The big Unadilla event which is nearby to where we live plus Hodaka Days. I hope to have Ken here for Hodaka Days in June. He will be interviewing all the remaining original Hodaka members for a forthcoming book. I hope we can borrow him for a couple weeks. I promise to return him :-) Thanks for making us feel so welcome !

Darcy I have some ideas for your bike. We are trying some new ideas on Billy Burn's 250 which he is racing this year nationally in the expert class. I am happy to share some ideas with you. Even if it is just help, advise or information you need I am happy to help. You build some great looking bikes !
Thanks guys for making an old guy feel at home.
Sincerely
Paul

albrid-3

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 06:42:39 pm »
Hi Paul welcome aboard cheers David