Poll

Will Pastrana collect the old age pension eventually?

Yes, he'll retire gracefully
2 (8%)
No, he'll get bit by a stunt gone wrong
12 (48%)
Who the Hell cares anyway?
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Travis Pastrana All time legend????  (Read 7413 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Travis Pastrana All time legend????
« on: March 20, 2008, 05:31:30 pm »
While I don't care much for any of those freestyle tossers, Travis seems to be a class act, not only can he race with the best of them,IIRC he was first to do the double back flip and a dab hand with a WRC spec rally car.If that isn't enough he manages to do all that without getting coloured in with 'tough stickers' , multiple piercings and faux 'bad attitude'.
However this little escapade pushes him way up the legend list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB7xlNHjduo
Jesus only loves two strokes

All Things 414

Re: Travis Pastrana All time legend????
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 05:38:11 pm »
FFFFFFAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

Hey imagine if the guy that has to hang onto him slips Travis a note along the lines of "So I understand you've been porking my missus...." ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 05:49:30 pm by All Things 414 »

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 06:35:51 pm »
So many emotions and thoughts go through my head when it comes to Travis. He's definetely a legend. Also a mad man and a fool. I know its negative, but i cant see him making it past 30. He does too many crazy things to live a long life. He is playing russian roulette. I hope im wrong.
Having said that, i love his attitude and his infectious personality. He is cool without being a self absorbed wanker.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:29:38 pm »
i see travis as a racer not a daredevil crusty wannabe...ive got this old video tape of him racing the 125 nationals in 2001 on a track called unadilla he looks so smooth and in control he easily rounds up the 250 fours even on a underpowered 125 two stroke pinned wide open, it would have to be the best race ive ever seen..grant langstone and travis goin at it toe to toe in the first moto on the last lap..mike brown and ernesto fonseca bashing each other,then in the 2nd moto with a ten second lead on the last lap travis face plants it after hittin a false neutral and hands grant langstone the win... ive watched it so many times over and over hes just an amazing rider.

Tony T

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 08:38:25 pm »
Well there you go...........   :-\
I had always written him off as another complete tosser after a stunt he pulled by dumping a bike into a bay somewhere. I think he got fined for polluting or something for that one.
But it seems there a more intelligent side to him from what you blokes are saying. Not for that jump out of the plane.
Good to hear.

firko

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 10:54:49 pm »
I suspect these adrenelin junky blokes like Pastrana all have some deep seated self image issues that need to be adressed. While I understand (and enjoy) many dangerous pursuits, jumping out of a 'plane in just a pair of boardies is just plain ego gone mad. Still, I suppose those who regard the Crusty Demons as sportsmen and Johnny Knoxville an actor would love this shit.
 (I must admit however that Travis must have some big cajones to pull that one off, Red Bull or no Red Bull)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:29:37 pm by firko »

mainline

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 10:00:13 am »
Considering that he won the 125 National Championship, and the 125 East Supercross Championship, I think he's a few dozen notches above the typical Crusty Demon type who probably couldn't win a local beginner race.

I saw an interview with him regarding his rallying career, and how he's starting to do less and less MX stuff because of the mounting injury toll. He seems fairly articulate and normal. How this works in with jumping out of an aeroplane without a parachute i just don't know......

mx250

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 12:54:26 pm »
You forgot to mentioned he killed a passenger in a stupid speed related car accident.

Amazing what you can do on coke.

As for the careful staged publicity/ego stunt  ::).

Sorry. On balance the guys a goose, an 'Oxygen Thief' and wasted talent and probably a wasted life. Not worthy to stiff the steam off the morning piss of a 'D' grade club racer  ;) :D

Laws of libel stop me saying what I'm really think of him  ;) >:( ;D.

mainline

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 12:57:08 pm »
what's the story on the car accident, hadn't heard about it.

mx250

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 01:03:47 pm »
what's the story on the car accident, hadn't heard about it.

Opps. May have got the detail wrong; he seriously injured the passenger.

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=4914

firko

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 01:14:21 pm »
Yep....He's a tosser. A talented tosser for sure, but a tosser just the same. He suffers from a severe case of "look at me" fever that'll eventually take him out.

mainline

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 01:33:15 pm »
you know you're getting old when....

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 01:42:54 pm »
speaking off people who should know better troy crichtley was charged today after his stupid stunt killed 6 people

firko

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 02:06:28 pm »
That's a shame. I know Troy and I hope he gets through this one. It's a tragedy that six people had to die at a charity event of all things. I would have thought the organisers would be liable as well. Letting a 2000hp door slammer loose to do burnouts on a public street with no safety barriers was asking for trouble.http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/06/18/1182018967140.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxtQ2tMTf4&feature=related
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 02:15:08 pm by firko »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 02:47:29 pm »
firko a few years back i was at calder for the harleytop fuel  world champs and i was watching one of the hells angels team nitro harleys being started ,they sit them up on great big pieces off wood  to keep the rear wheel off the ground .they fired it up and went to roll it forward of the stand /wood when the rider accidently give it a big rev ,it threw the block of wood staight out the back like a missile and it hit this guy behind the bike and snap both off his legs at the knees i will never forget that