Author Topic: Simons for pre 78?  (Read 54702 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Simons for pre 78?
« Reply #180 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:56 am »
Jikov is so easy to point out sort comings but can you offer solution other than turning away half the potential entries with bring a chair type statements.

Jikov was just beating his chest and probably regrets being confrontational.....or not
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #181 on: February 29, 2012, 07:59:27 am »
Why do people love to play the devil's advocate so much with this stuff.
Jikov is so easy to point out sort comings but can you offer solution other than turning away half the potential entries with bring a chair type statements.
Can someone like Col Metcher jump into here.

Cmo'n Michael , Jikov or Mr MA scrutineer whatever hat you have on today  give these people some answers , You stirred all this up If your post was well intentioned then say so, all we have had as a response is sarcasm  ::)

Brad 090 I totally agree that before every major event there is a mountain of shit that goes no where on this forum  ::) But when the shit stirring is started by an official then confidence is quickly lost .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:58:23 pm by TM bill »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 29, 2012, 09:00:52 am »
Now you've upset TMBill even more, he has now sent the "Asasin" over to clean up the mess...the asasin, AKA the buzzard, AKA the bomb thrower, AKA the Kati kati cooper killer has left the building and will arrive in Brisbane toomoroow, this bloke makes Sacha Baron Cohen look like an ammature.....you wont know what he looks like, Jikov had better start running. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 29, 2012, 09:34:57 am »
I think I liked it better when you guys talked politics ::)
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 29, 2012, 09:39:04 am »
Now you've upset TMBill even more

Wait until he finds out he can't wear his spoofy helmet ;D Anyway looks like everyone is going to have a great relaxing day and I am only sorry I will not be there to attend..... 59 days to go
formerly Marc.com

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 29, 2012, 11:45:58 am »
Hi,
Remember back in the old days when Pre 75 VMX started , we had the same "discussions" about 4 inch rear suspension , the Mag Huskies , 74.5 Maicos , Yam YZB's were all complaining about having to restrict their (Standard Factory)suspension travel,
those who wouldn't comply went elsewhere, the others sucked it up and played by the rules and went on to enjoy their racing ,
I think there is a message there for all of us ,
cheers

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 29, 2012, 12:06:46 pm »
Hi
Sorry , I have changed my "sign in", so that people will know me off and on the track .
ps;
There is a MAQ Clerk of the Course/Stewards course 14 April, and Scrutineers course on 28 April,  vacancies still open, (for those who care enough to make a difference in our sport).
Imagine this! Michael Bamford Level 4, Steward/Clerk of the Course ,Level 4 Scrutineer, doesn't that just bring a big  smile to your face , I wonder how I can become a Historic/Classic Eligibility Commissioner?.
cheers

Simo63

« Reply #187 on: February 29, 2012, 12:21:11 pm »
Imagine this! Michael Bamford Level 4, Steward/Clerk of the Course ,Level 4 Scrutineer, doesn't that just bring a big  smile to your face , I wonder how I can become a Historic/Classic Eligibility Commissioner?.
cheers

Edited: I don't know you from a bar of soap Michael Bamford but you really do sound like a power hungry person to me.  You may well be a very nice person but based on what I've read of your posts, that's how you come across to a perfect stranger.

More power to you .. I hope you use it for good and not evil  ;)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:22:19 pm by Simo63 »

TM BILL

« Reply #188 on: February 29, 2012, 12:21:53 pm »
Michael thanks for responding

But are you going to answer the questions raised by your earlier comment

Regards Bill.

Offline Husky70

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 29, 2012, 12:22:01 pm »
As I said earlier in the thread, I have no problem with obeying the rules if you want to race in the class. I just do not understand the rationale behind them. A 1974 Husky Mag 250 is undoubtedly Pre-75, but the rider is put to the disadvantage - having one of the best bikes in the class - of having to limit its travel. Perhaps call it the "Pre-75-with-73-suspension-class"? I repeat that I understand that the rule exists and must be observed; I do not understand WHY it exists.  
Cheers, Richard in NZ

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 29, 2012, 12:40:45 pm »
Hi
Sorry , I have changed my "sign in", so that people will know me off and on the track .
ps;
There is a MAQ Clerk of the Course/Stewards course 14 April, and Scrutineers course on 28 April,  vacancies still open, (for those who care enough to make a difference in our sport).
cheers

So out of the 20 odd pre 75 model just 3 needed to be modified (personally I don't think they should)
Out of the 20 odd pre 77 models probably only 3 dont need to modified to fit the rules
That is the difference.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 29, 2012, 12:45:50 pm »
cheers   

Whats a level 4 scrutineer, does that mean you bring your own screwdriver?
formerly Marc.com

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 29, 2012, 12:59:31 pm »
cheers   

Whats a level 4 scrutineer, does that mean you bring your own screwdriver?

na just a better chest beater it seems.
Still no forking answers , have fun up there people.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 29, 2012, 01:09:04 pm »

So out of the 20 odd pre 75 model just 3 needed to be modified (personally I don't think they should)
Out of the 20 odd pre 77 models probably only 3 dont need to modified to fit the rules
That is the difference.

Aye.

So what stock 1977 model MX bikes are legal under the 9/9" rule?

YZ125D
CR125M3
RM250/370B

What else?
The bigger YZs and RM125B are apparently out, all of the bigger Euro stuff is out... Really comes down to the Euro 125s?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:41:20 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 29, 2012, 01:24:42 pm »
most 75 and 76 models except the bigger Bultaco forks (I think) ,
77 model rm250's 370's ,77 cr125/250's, CZ's,stock TT500's. ....