Author Topic: Farleigh Castle 2012  (Read 16985 times)

TM BILL

Re: Farleigh Castle 2012
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 09:39:14 am »
I'm still weighing up whether to go this year. I reckon the organisers missed a gold mine by scheduling this event on the SAME weekend as the Goodwood Revival.

For a short period of time it seemed that the 2 events would be on consecutive weekends which would have made the trip a no brainer.

I'm not having a go at the organisers, but I am just disappointed that this golden opportunity didn't come together. I reckon both events would have benefited from more overseas visitors if the events were on separate weekends.

Oh well, maybe next year... BUGGER!!

I think they are generally different target markets  ;) last year i was in the uk 30 miles from Goodwood on that weekend but choose to visit my daughter instead  :-* Still giving myself an uppercut daily for missing Goodwood  ::)

Jeff you need to get to Farleigh  ;D dont put it off just do it  ;) Be a nice wind down after CD 9 . Go on you know you want to .

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 10:20:18 am »
I'm still weighing up whether to go this year. I reckon the organisers missed a gold mine by scheduling this event on the SAME weekend as the Goodwood Revival.

For a short period of time it seemed that the 2 events would be on consecutive weekends which would have made the trip a no brainer.

I'm not having a go at the organisers, but I am just disappointed that this golden opportunity didn't come together. I reckon both events would have benefited from more overseas visitors if the events were on separate weekends.

Oh well, maybe next year... BUGGER!!

I think they are generally different target markets  ;) last year i was in the uk 30 miles from Goodwood on that weekend but choose to visit my daughter instead  :-* Still giving myself an uppercut daily for missing Goodwood  ::)

Jeff you need to get to Farleigh  ;D dont put it off just do it  ;) Be a nice wind down after CD 9 . Go on you know you want to .

Hey Bill,
Good to hear you are going back and gettin' dirty this time...

I will make up my mind later in the year, but I totally disagree that Farleigh and Goodwood are totally different markets. Sure they are TOTALLY different events, but as celebrations of of the past, of golden eras, they have more in common than they have differences.

I for one [and of course I could be the only one] really would love to see both. If pressed I would choose Farleigh, but having never seen Fangios Merc, or real Spitfires, classic open wheelers etc I know I would be missing out by not seeing Goodwood as well.

Dave King says that they are only 2 hours apart, so if I go I reckon Goodwood on Friday and Farleigh Sat/Sun would be the go. But in a perfect world, separate weekends* would only be better.

But before that I am off to Melb for the F1...

*sorry if in my ingorance there is a specific reason for both events being on the same weekend. I am only speaking of my selfish motive of wanting to 'see it all'.   :D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 10:24:03 am »
I'm with you Jeffery
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:40:02 pm by Davey Crocket »
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 04:47:10 am »
Regarding the date of the VMXdN event, goodwood is not even on the radar for me i am afraid . We are dictated to by the MXGP and US outdoor  dates and MXoN dates. we cannot clash with them as some of our competitors work within these events. As far as i have seen the goodwood event is focused on the 60s and early 70s.  We most definatly are not intrested in this era of racing or bikes, sorry but times change and those events have there customers and we have ours.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 07:33:55 am »
Regarding the date of the VMXdN event, goodwood is not even on the radar for me i am afraid . We are dictated to by the MXGP and US outdoor  dates and MXoN dates. we cannot clash with them as some of our competitors work within these events. As far as i have seen the goodwood event is focused on the 60s and early 70s.  We most definatly are not intrested in this era of racing or bikes, sorry but times change and those events have there customers and we have ours.

Hi Dave,
As I said, I was sure there was a good reason why you chose the dates you did - your explanation makes perfect sense.

I was only expressing a single opinion and wishing that the stars would align and allow me [and] others to enjoy two great events in the one trip. If it not to be, then so be it.

No need to be sorry, that wasn't my point at all.
Thanks again for the info,
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

albrid-3

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 08:06:15 am »
Goodwood was live on TV last year, they showed and interveiwed most of the all  top riders and rode the race track on there mx bikes and sidecars, classic cars and gp classic cars and the mustang plans
is was great to watch.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 12:12:26 pm »

Hi Dave,
As I said, I was sure there was a good reason why you chose the dates you did - your explanation makes perfect sense.

I was only expressing a single opinion and wishing that the stars would align and allow me [and] others to enjoy two great events in the one trip. If it not to be, then so be it.

VMX42
Best thing you could do would be to go to Farleigh and see for yourself, it's the biggest and best vmx meeting on the planet. Once you get there you won't even be thinking about goodwood. :)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 01:17:14 pm »

Hi Dave,

VMX42
Best thing you could do would be to go to Farleigh and see for yourself, it's the biggest and best vmx meeting on the planet. Once you get there you won't even be thinking about goodwood. :)

Johnny,
I don't doubt that, but don't crucify me for dreaming of seeing both. If I am going half way round the world I reckon seeing 2 world class events would only make the trip more worthwhile.

And I never once tried to compare the 2 events. I don't care which is better, I am 99.999% sure they are both great which only fuels my dream...

But if the reality is that I have to choose then so be it, but that is my problem.  ;D
VMX42

Acutally the biggest hurdle is that both events are on the weekend of my wedding anniversary. Doh!!!  :D

albrid-3

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 07:53:05 pm »
Don`t for get the Isle of man, that also on my to do list, but is the best time and meeting to see.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 11:14:22 am »
Hi, i would love to ride at Farleigh Castle but where does a newby dreamer type like me start  ??? i am 50 and live in S.A. cheers

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 11:18:29 am »
Shelpi, give me a call on 8331 2369 or 0407 715 135.  Chris

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 12:26:28 am »
pressed flesh with Hiekki Mikkola yesterday, hiekki wil be with us at farleigh in september along with SA multi champion Greg Alybertyn.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 11:29:48 am »
That's great news Dave.. I assume Albee will be racing?

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 03:48:00 am »
yes greg wants to ride.

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 01:06:35 pm »
Locked in.  Flights booked, arriving Wednesday 12th.  Better dust off the Maico, Dave.