Author Topic: Phoenix Supercross  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
Phoenix Supercross
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:05:47 am »
Anybody watch the Phoenix Supercross the other night on Foxtel? Villapoto fell in the first couple of laps and went from last to 3rd.  He went straight past Chad Reed without any trouble at all. It was a Bob Hannah type performance.
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

GEORGE

Re: Phoenix Supercross
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:08:42 am »

The ranga will not finish out the season without injury and Chad knows this.

By the way Kenny your doing a good job of getting your number of posts up,

you have a comment on most things. I enjoy reading your posts, but you seem

to upset a number of punters. I wonder who the real "dreamer" is.

GEORGE

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 11:16:20 am »
Villopoto was on fire in Phoenix but then Chad won the next round in LA. anything can happen but Villo has set the fastest lap at all 3 rounds. I wouldn't count on him getting injured..
Would be awesome to see Chad win the title.

STW996

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 02:52:54 pm »
Have you seen any of the onboard go-pro from stewart, great to watch.

Look on videos at transmoto, latest race is below

Doesn't look so hard when THEY do it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ryIP8HM8lgI
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:00:15 pm by STW996 »

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 03:03:26 pm »
Chad is the Man , I respect him allot more now he is doing his own team. He is earning less but will have far more satisfaction.
Steward seems to be off the pace when racing and has maybe been away to long.   
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

STW996

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12:32 pm »
They do seem to have that bike of reeds really hooking up!

Lets hope he stays fit and he is a real shot again at the title.

Agree with Stewart, he seems a little underdone and sitting down a lot mid race but so far the racing has been first rate!

Villopoto is on fire but takes more than speed to win now in this field.

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 04:48:45 pm »
Reed represents himself and Australia so well, not with just winning the event. Listen to some of his after race interviews and he is always polite and gracious about other riders. I wish he got more air time in the Australian Media and more recognition here at home for the great job he is doing being a ambassadore for Australia. An example of how well he is doing, is he is a MX hero to a lot of American junior riders, not bad to have your idol from Australia. Kudos Chad!

Said it before and I stand by it now, James Stewart is a dangerous rider, to himself and others on the track. For a contrast to Reeds interviews, check out Stewarts and listen to his comments.
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 10:31:40 pm »

The ranga will not finish out the season without injury and Chad knows this.

By the way Kenny your doing a good job of getting your number of posts up,

you have a comment on most things. I enjoy reading your posts, but you seem

to upset a number of punters. I wonder who the real "dreamer" is.

GEORGE

Like MX mate, there is no point in not getting involved because you are afraid of making a mistake. Made a mistake, learnt from it, back on the bike. Have we met?
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 10:48:01 pm »
Have you seen any of the onboard go-pro from stewart, great to watch.

Look on videos at transmoto, latest race is below

Doesn't look so hard when THEY do it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ryIP8HM8lgI

That is great to watch, especially watching Reed pass him. All the jumps annoy me but it is good racing to watch.
Kenneth S
Go For It

Race Bike History

Offline ian

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 10:11:14 am »
Reed represents himself and Australia so well, not with just winning the event. Listen to some of his after race interviews and he is always polite and gracious about other riders. I wish he got more air time in the Australian Media and more recognition here at home for the great job he is doing being a ambassadore for Australia. An example of how well he is doing, is he is a MX hero to a lot of American junior riders, not bad to have your idol from Australia. Kudos Chad!

Said it before and I stand by it now, James Stewart is a dangerous rider, to himself and others on the track. For a contrast to Reeds interviews, check out Stewarts and listen to his comments.
i agree he should get more air time so should crumpy .maybe they should off taking up swimming they would on tv all the time

STW996

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 10:35:05 am »

i agree he should get more air time so should crumpy .maybe they should off taking up swimming they would on tv all the time

No Ian ride around in a Magpies or Manly sea eagles jumper that would do it!! Football (league or Aussie rules) get all the coverage. Its the off season but I bet the Melbourne papers are still full of the Rules stuff. Just a sad fact of Australian life (or union for our Kiwi Brothers) ;D

Offline ian

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 11:27:37 am »

No Ian ride around in a Magpies or Manly sea eagles jumper that would do it!! Football (league or Aussie rules) get all the coverage. Its the off season but I bet the Melbourne papers are still full of the Rules stuff. Just a sad fact of Australian life (or union for our Kiwi Brothers) ;D
yep i no what you mean .but then again there only world champs legends

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 11:50:34 am »
Surprised to see Chad isn't wearing a neck brace. ???

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »
This has got a bit with Chad working through the pack  8) 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isRj1ujB9bM&feature=player_detailpage

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 04:50:52 pm »

Freakin insane. Need big cohunas for that s-hit.