Author Topic: Disgrace  (Read 6654 times)

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Disgrace
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 10:50:23 am »
Of course they never had a flag or red nappies.Their dances were coriographed by a white fellow in sydney.Am I racist ? Yes I am. If being racist is not wanting people with extremist ideas in my country,But my racism is not directed at individuals.The other day on gumtree [farm jobs in Mildura] there was an add for farm workers that stated:"only Asians need apply".On other occaisions the adds have read'"must speak hindi" I apply for jobs but cant get one because I am not a forein backpacker.p
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 12:24:12 pm »
i think its time for some balance in the discussion. ah yes its called a disgrace by people that have no empathy ie... walked in others shoes. never been percecuted for their skin colour, judged by their skin colour, never had their son or daughter or grandfather die in custody. never had their son die because a copper accidentially trips and falls so hard as to almost sever their liver in 2, then the coppers investigate themselves!! and find no wrongdoing!! and then the premier gives medals to the coppers involved in the palm island riot on the actual day they buried Doomagee!! all you blokes with no hint of empathy or educated understanding would be the ones goosestepping behind adolf believing his persecutions !   i will give you a lesson in empathy. go and look into your grandfathers eyes and imagine he was the one put in the back of a paddywagon for outstanding traffic tickets and driven 4 hours in 50 degree temps and he was not checked even once and was thought of by the guards to be so inconsequential as a living being they did not even consider his wellbeing. 4 hours later the door was opened and he was dead. If that was my grandfather there would be f.c.k.i.n.g blood on the streets. in other countries, minority groups treated like shit have taken up arms causing an outbreak of open civil war.  i believe it has not happened here because aborigines have been kept down as an underclass in society.  Their time will come.     and try reading some books instead of getting your education from current affair and alan jones

Offline wmc83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 03:13:08 pm »
Yep theres aways two sides to the story but that kind of protesting isn't a good look and getting kids to burn and spit on the flag is less than helpfull as well.

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 03:29:50 pm »
European and aboriginal solidiers fought for our way of life under that flag.The people who burnt and spat on it: Burnt and spat on all those brave men.p
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 03:46:53 pm »
yeh burning the flag is something thats hard to take. when i see any demonstration i feel PROUD not disgrace. because to demonstrate or have any opposing opinion is exactly what my grandfather fought for. so i think of him and the bullets he took whenever i see a demonstration. and the ultimate expression of an opposing view is to desecrate the flag, but that is the one thing i have trouble with.

i dont understand the opinion of some when a demonstration occurs that  " if it was done in most other countries there would be bodies lying around " THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT,  that we can strongly disagree and demonstrate. so dont knock it. embrace it. ( i am not supporting violent or demonstrations that hinder the publics daily lives) 

Curly3

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 03:55:39 pm »
I hear what you're saying Kenny and agree with pretty much all of it.
My comments were in reference to the situation and how or why it arose.
Over the years we as a population have thrown vast amounts of money and services at the indiginous population that far outweigh's what is available to a white Australian, I hate using the word "White" but you know what I mean, and so far it don't seem to be working.
I have both respect & sympathy for our Aborigine Australians, but just like us whitey's, some go about things the wrong way, to the detriment of the others.
We're all one Mob, or should be.    
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 03:58:22 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 04:44:17 pm »

Many varied points of view on the forum; as many as you would find possibly in any other cross section of the Australian public. I can accept what many have said and their own, in some cases, very personal and painful experiences. But lawlessness and civil disobedience I cannot agree with. What are we teaching the younger ones; to be violent and behave offensively to make their point or get what they want. I am sure a lot of the younger ones are already confused and would call us hypocritical when we attempt to explain/justify very poor adult behaviour. We ALL have got to show respect for the laws of this country and each other in attempting to get things changed/fixed or else everything just slides to the lowest common denominator. Having said that, when I see the scurrilous, immature, self-centred behaviour from some of our Politicians in public and particularly in Parliament I am not filled full of hope for the future. If these officers who are elected to represent and serve the people, behave unchecked in this way,  where is the hope for a better future going to come from? All the platitudes in the world are not going to save us from eventual self-destruction. We need upright, courageous people to run this country. At the moment we are getting what we voted in (for those who did vote the current govt in) and we shouldn't really complain; but I think there is great cause for concern as to the future wellbeing of this country.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 09:30:27 pm »
Respect is an interesting thing.
Can't buy it.
Can't force people to give it.
Can't demand it .

I have dark people in my family.
The old ones have self respect and respect others thus receiving respect in return.

The younger fellas are halfwhits who have decided that their culture wears baseball caps backwards and that they are hard done by with the world owing them a living.

The old people hope that the young ones will grow up one day.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 09:31:12 pm »
    I to have Koori heritage and I would be just as outraged if I saw the Aboriginal flag burnt, but I wonder what the reaction from these protestors and the media would be.
                                                                                Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 09:57:28 pm »
   and try reading some books instead of getting your education from current affair and alan jones

That's probably the wisest statement ever posted here.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 10:29:15 pm »
i think its time for some balance in the discussion. ah yes its called a disgrace by people that have no empathy ie... walked in others shoes. never been percecuted for their skin colour, judged by their skin colour, never had their son or daughter or grandfather die in custody. never had their son die because a copper accidentially trips and falls so hard as to almost sever their liver in 2, then the coppers investigate themselves!! and find no wrongdoing!! and then the premier gives medals to the coppers involved in the palm island riot on the actual day they buried Doomagee!! all you blokes with no hint of empathy or educated understanding would be the ones goosestepping behind adolf believing his persecutions !   i will give you a lesson in empathy. go and look into your grandfathers eyes and imagine he was the one put in the back of a paddywagon for outstanding traffic tickets and driven 4 hours in 50 degree temps and he was not checked even once and was thought of by the guards to be so inconsequential as a living being they did not even consider his wellbeing. 4 hours later the door was opened and he was dead. If that was my grandfather there would be f.c.k.i.n.g blood on the streets. in other countries, minority groups treated like shit have taken up arms causing an outbreak of open civil war.  i believe it has not happened here because aborigines have been kept down as an underclass in society.  Their time will come.     and try reading some books instead of getting your education from current affair and alan jones

Who mentioned skin colour fella?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Tony T

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 10:39:44 pm »
One of my favourite quotes of all time.
From Ernie Dingo:

" I'm not a black fella......... I'm not a white fella............. I'm just a fella.......... "

8)

Curly3

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 10:41:49 pm »
Personally, I think this should be the end of it.
Let's not turn on each other, as Tony said "we're all just fella's".

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 11:03:23 pm »
Let him answer first
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Mod1

• Global Moderator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 11:19:53 pm »
[quote ]
 I think this should be the end of it.
[/quote]

Exactly,It has alot to do with this Nation but nothing to do with Vintage Dirt Bikes and this forum.
Continuation of this thread is only detrimental to all involved.