Author Topic: 1989 HONDA CR 500R FOR SALE ON eBay- Check out this mint resto !!  (Read 12721 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 1989 HONDA CR 500R FOR SALE ON eBay- Check out this mint resto !!
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 08:18:11 am »

I agree with you 100% Simon. A while ago i put 2 bikes up for sale, both 500`s and the shit i copped from the so called experts you wouldn`t believe. " Tell him he`s dreaming " and another favourite is " I seen a better one last week for half that price "

If you are not interested in buying the bikes advertised keep your comments to yourself and don`t deter others from buying.
[/quote]

Yeah I think that sabotaging someone else's sale so you can parade your 'knowledge' is not cool.  I remember the KX and the YZ, worth every cent.

For some reason people get very emotional about VMX bike values, it is kind of related to the view of some that VMX should be a cheap, the early days of VMX was all about bike being bought up for cartons of beer and a lot of things being done on a budget,
formerly Marc.com

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 08:27:21 am »
There's one being parted-out on ebay at the moment, the parts are going for ridiculous cheap prices!
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 08:29:51 am »
There's one being parted-out on ebay at the moment, the parts are going for ridiculous cheap prices!

except the engine, everyone with a blown CRF450 wants a big 2 stroke these days, There is NOS CR500 engine on Trade me for $3500
formerly Marc.com

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 09:06:12 am »
Horses for courses, if you can't afford a Benz be happy with your Daewoo, just don't bag the Benz owner, be happy for him.
K

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 09:56:41 am »
Horses for courses, if you can't afford a Benz be happy with your Daewoo, just don't bag the Benz owner, be happy for him.
K

Big K

Well said,

The cost of this CR is reflective of the cost of the bike and doing a resto correctly sure you can do resto's to what ever level your comfortable with if you do it to this level and ride it,the on going maintenance is minimal,which is a cost saving in it's self

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 10:13:10 am »
K

Spot on

Also, if you do buy a Benz then don't be looking at the cheap Daewoo thinking it would have been every bit as good.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 10:28:22 am »
very recently there was a NOS motor on US Ebay for very little change out of $5K - it isn't a cheap sport anymore.  And yes before someone jumps in -  you can still find cheapies out there but the ratios are moving.

I also think, particularly in VMX, emotion comes into a lot with regard what you want - I have no interest in this model and wouldn't pay $10K for it - however there are other models I like I would pay a premium for that some would say is ridiculous.

chees
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 10:43:57 am »

I also think, particularly in VMX, emotion comes into a lot with regard what you want - I have no interest in this model and wouldn't pay $10K for it - however there are other models I like I would pay a premium for that some would say is ridiculous.

chees

I have no interest in moving from my 2 bedroom flat into a house down the road thats forsale for a million bucks but that doesn't mean that that house is not worth a million bucks and I'm not going to go around telling everyone that its not worth a mill because I personally don't have the money or don't want to spend that much.
Like I said earlier some forum members should think abit more deeply before mouthing off their brilliant opinions.

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 10:47:15 am »
Regardless of what you have spent on anything! House, car, bike, or boat it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay! I'm sure the great debate will end soon on what it's worth! We will all see soon enough, keep it in your watched items! Because when it sells "THAT IS WHAT IT IS WORTH" no more or no less.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2012, 10:51:15 am »
Of course you could take the residual value of VMX bikes compared to modern MX bikes..... one season on you $12000 RMZ450 probably results in about 50% depreciation.

Where $10000 VMX bike one year later is probably still worth a good chunk of what you paid for it. I was offered a brand new 2010 YZ450 still in its box for my HL replica theme bike and knocked it back for exactly that reason.
formerly Marc.com

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:25 pm »
Regardless of what you have spent on anything! House, car, bike, or boat it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay! I'm sure the great debate will end soon on what it's worth! We will all see soon enough, keep it in your watched items! Because when it sells "THAT IS WHAT IT IS WORTH" no more or no less.

So what you are saying is noone seller has ever been in a situation where they needed money quick and had to sell a bike for less than its worth and no one buyer has ever got himself a bargain or a good buy at the price.???

vmx155

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 06:01:44 pm »
SOLD in 72 hours...for exactly $10,000

I hope all of you self appointed Vintage Dirt Bike Valuation Experts are stuffing a BIG FAT slice of humble pie in your mouths !!

The upside of all of this is that if you thought this bike was worth $3000 less than what it actually sold for it might mean that your Vintage shitter might be worth $3000 more than you currently think it's worth !!

WIN WIN KA-CHING $$$ !!! ;D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 06:07:03 pm »
I hope all of you self appointed Vintage Dirt Bike Valuation Experts are stuffing a BIG FAT slice of humble pie in your mouths !

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2012, 06:21:37 pm »
Nice to see a good bike at a fair price, by the way I do drive a Benz  ;D
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 06:22:32 pm »
The market has spoken.Well done to all concerned.