Author Topic: What would you like to see released in 2012  (Read 6270 times)

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
What would you like to see released in 2012
« on: January 02, 2012, 08:30:56 am »
Other than Sofia Vergaras Breasts.....I would like to see the re-release of an RM250A from suzuki and the first PE250 just as they were. I would rush straight out and reduce the stuffing in my matress and buy one of each even with the dollar as it is they would have to be way cheaper than anything produced today and fae less complicated easier to maintain and realy what more do yo need than a good BASIC MX BIKE. AND JUST THINK......there would be spare parts to rebuild all the old ones... here's a thought instead of the chinese makeing all these shit bikes just build these two modles and use a bit better material and they would be on a winner...... Oh and Sofias Tits ;D
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: What would you like to see released in 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:39:09 am »
I love it Chris! In addition what about re-releasing EH (not EJ) Holdens, Datsun 1600's and all E Type Jags as well as of course (and this is a fantasy) a production version of Roger D's 1973 RN 370. Retro rules! Cheers Jerry and Happy New Year to all on OZVMX.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:05:37 am »
Any 70s rms, and a valiant charger I could afford!!!( shit boxes here start at $15k now!) preferably with the new hemi srt engine.
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

albrid-3

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:15:33 am »
I would like to see ossa reproduce a brand new ossa stilletto stable mate that would stand next to the new models on the show room floor. I would like to see new model SWM 125, 250 Aircooled models too.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:05:22 am »
Any 70s rms, and a valiant charger I could afford!!!( shit boxes here start at $15k now!) preferably with the new hemi srt engine.

Chargers are about the only muscle cars moving at the moment....sell like hot cakes in NZ and are straight on the boat back to Aussie. I would like RHD Dodge Challenger at US pricing, that would be cool.
formerly Marc.com

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:46:17 am »
Seriously, I think one of the Jap companies should build a 'low budget' & 'low maintenace' motocross & enduro bike.  Two-stroke, air-cooling, twin rear shocks, something where kids of today can just go and ride and ride and ride and ride, like we use to.  Who cares if it's down 5 hp, building the recreation market will boost all the genres of the sport.

Motocross & enduro versions being the same bike with lighting removed, offer wide-ratio gearbox and different suspension springs for those a little more serious but still a good basic bike for the budget rider.

If I could get some financial backers I'd start making them in Australia (sourcing selected components from China), the world market would snap them up.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline topari

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:00:48 am »
Seriously, I think one of the Jap companies should build a 'low budget' & 'low maintenace' motocross & enduro bike.  Two-stroke, air-cooling, twin rear shocks, something where kids of today can just go and ride and ride and ride and ride, like we use to.  Who cares if it's down 5 hp, building the recreation market will boost all the genres of the sport.

Motocross & enduro versions being the same bike with lighting removed, offer wide-ratio gearbox and different suspension springs for those a little more serious but still a good basic bike for the budget rider.

If I could get some financial backers I'd start making them in Australia (sourcing selected components from China), the world market would snap them up.

MY thoughts too, but we'd most likely see the bikes comes from China. Possible. I'd buy a simple 400cc air colled two stroke. Leave the upgrades to the aftermarket.
topari

1979 IT400F, 1984 kdx200

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 11:06:21 am »
I was thinking maybe a 150 & 350 versions, both would have ample power for younger & older riders.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 11:32:51 am »
The factories lost the plot in the rush for race track success....forgetting that 80% or more of the dirt bike public are trail riders, play racers and not mechanically inclined. I reckon they need to revisit their roots to understand why people bought thousands of off road trail and 'enduro' bikes in the seventies and eighties. I reckon that 2012 versions of PE Suzuki's, IT Yamaha's and XL/XR Honda's and KLX/KDX Kawasaki's could easily be produced.

Fitting modern spec two stroke and basic 4T engines with as few high tech modern attributes as needed to the current modern well developed rolling chassis would make the ideal bike for fun riding. Integrate, electric start, fuel injection (to help pass emissions) and otherwise simple electronics and I reckon folks would buy them in droves. 
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 12:18:56 pm »
Quote from: John Orchard link=topic=22180.msg219221#msg219221 date=13254
[/quote

MY thoughts too, but we'd most likely see the bikes comes from China. Possible. I'd buy a simple 400cc air colled two stroke. Leave the upgrades to the aftermarket.

I got one ,its a YZ400D , I got aftermarket forks,shock,swingarm and pipe on it . Its awesome!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 01:36:27 pm »
What forks and shock are you running on your 400D Brent?

maico police

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 01:53:31 pm »
A YZ 360. Make a WR version as well. Probably more realistic than the other things mentioned. Sell like hot-cakes. While they're at it make it fuel injected....... :)

TM BILL

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 01:57:01 pm »

Im not entirely convinced that the bikes we reckon would sell in the huge quantities that we would like to think  ???

Until recently you could still buy an XR 200, DT 175 , ER 185, RT 100 , and other air cooled drum braked simple machines (i think some of these models are still available today in some markets ) but i dont recall the public buying them in large quanties and going trail riding  :-\

I think the world has moved on and to todays motorcycling public these models are seen as old fashioned and very uncool  ;)

I can only think of it as being when i started riding in the mid 70s somone suggested instead of a new RM 125 we should convince Francis Barnett and Dot to re tool and turn out some 1950s models as its what the public wants at grass roots level  ;D

Back to the original question , i would love to be able to buy a new Suzuki RM 370B and have a regular spares supply  :) However i would also want a race series where Modifications were limited to what was available in the day  ::) ie no modern adjustable shocks or fancy fork valves etc  :) 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:05:43 pm by TM BILL »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:33 pm »
What forks and shock are you running on your 400D Brent?

OW forks but of a genuine HL , same as DG issue KYB's, and FOX AIR SHOX. I almost got a tricked out spring shock sorted also.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 02:09:12 pm »
I have some Simons and some ex Mikkola OW's as well to try.