Author Topic: Off Topic - Historic Road Racing  (Read 7781 times)

Tony T

Off Topic - Historic Road Racing
« on: January 01, 2012, 11:36:49 pm »
Apologies for being way off topic, but would anyone have connections with the histiric road racing world?
Is there a forum like this one?
Thanks in advance.  ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic - Historic Road Racing
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:41:25 am »
Robb Todd is President of the Victorian Historic Road racing mob and a mate of mine. Look them up on the web or PM me for his mobile. Cheers Jerry

albrid-3

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 09:33:22 am »
What would be the best classes in road racing, P4, or Superlites, I have often thorought about.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 09:57:52 am »
What would be the best classes in road racing, P4, or Superlites, I have often thorought about.

Superlites or bucket racing is definitely the cheapest. P4 there is a heap more money involved as the bikes in that class are getting collectable, like most things depends on $$$. In Aussie there is pretty much a class for anything on ebay.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:02:58 am »
Apologies for being way off topic, but would anyone have connections with the histiric road racing world?
Is there a forum like this one?
Thanks in advance.  ;D

Dragging the TZ out of moth balls?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 10:14:00 am »
A Yamaha RD250LC in P5 250cc would be much better than buckets and cheaper to get a competitive bike.

Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Tony T

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
Thanks folks.
I've got no immediate plans to go road racing again........ I think.........  :-\
I'm just really keen to get to as many historic motorcycling events (of all types) that I can this year, so I want to work out a calendar and book the weekends off asap.
I also want to share some of the shots I've taken and will be taking.
It doesn't look like there's as many cyber racers in the road racing world as there are here. Nowhere near as much internet traffic, at least.  ;D

I see on the MA site that they now run Period 6 (pre 90)
Might be fun to watch but nowhere near as cool as these, I reckon..............

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 11:29:00 pm »
Biggest classic meeting is the Island Classic end of this month.

maico police

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 08:43:56 am »

It doesn't look like there's as many cyber racers in the road racing world as there are here. Nowhere near as much internet traffic, at least. 

Yeah. They're probably not as interested in recipes for Anzac biscuits, dragging up some benign, mundane post from three years ago or continually posting up pictures of bikes that they've never owned..... ::)

Tony T

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 08:50:54 am »

Yeah. They're probably not as interested in recipes for Anzac biscuits, dragging up some benign, mundane post from three years ago or continually posting up pictures of bikes that they've never owned..... ::)

:D :D :D :D :D

Offline buckets

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 09:32:22 am »
There are two RS125,s on Ebay plus an RS85 ( RS125 with CR80 engine )
The RS125 is a nice bike, that would be my 1st choice then the RS85
The RD is another great bike...

I am going the other way.. I just sold my RS85 to look for something in VMX
Looking for a RM/PE  or a Kawasaki Big Horn or TS400

B/R Simon

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 10:47:32 am »
It doesn't look like there's as many cyber racers in the road racing world as there are here. Nowhere near as much internet traffic, at least. 

Yeah. They're probably not as interested in recipes for Anzac biscuits, dragging up some benign, mundane post from three years ago or continually posting up pictures of bikes that they've never owned.....

So....we're limited to only posting pictures of bikes we own? Shit, did I get it wrong. I'd have thought there was some interest in bikes other than our own but it just goes to show how wrong I can be. :-[

With Australia Day looming, here's my favourite Anzac biscuit recipe.......
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup or treacle
150g unsalted butter, chopped
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda

Preheat oven to 170°C. Place the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine. In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted. Mix the bicarb soda with 1 1/2 tablespoons water and add to the golden syrup mixture. It will bubble whilst you are stirring together so remove from the heat. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 11:11:41 am »
Thanks for that firko , always wanted to know how to make those Anzac bikkies