Author Topic: PE400 head gasket ????  (Read 3817 times)

Doc

PE400 head gasket ????
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:23:34 pm »
okay PE buffs..what's the go here??  :-\

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140213547136&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123

Buzzy emailed this to me last night..is there a very 'real' shortage of these things???

after I got this link I had a little egay search myself and purchased a complete genuine kit $10 buy it now and  2 spare head gaskets buy it now for $10 the pair  :P I figured in years to come I can retire on these suckers ;D  :D

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: PE400 head gasket ????
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 03:28:09 pm »
The seller is a cashed up hoarder, outbid/ambush merchant, who has robbed me countless times on stuff I needed, even when I was prepared to pay top dollar too  :'(
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Doc

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »
 :o  gee that's pretty strong words CG..Mike Armstrong has done me numerous favours and never ripped me off once..as a matter of fact he has gone out of his way to help on occassions at his own cost..it's not the sellers fault incredible prices are paid!!..good luck to him..I've found he's always very fair with his starting prices and always starts below any list price if it is per chance still available. Was simply curious to how rare the gaskets are  :-\

as a little point of interest Mick, I was bidding on an RM125M 'kit' piston and ring set recently..started bidding at $5.00 but I was prepared to pay $50 (which is cheap). Mike messaged to say if it went over 50 and I missed out he would list another (his last) at the same price, buy it now and inform me as soon as it was listed. I ended up with the original for $46 + $5 postage..I've not seen him list another since..he's posted me free photocopies of obsolete wiseco kit catalogues that's been invaluable and always any parts I buy arrive arrive within 2 weeks. If he hasn't got it listed and you ask by number he'll look and list it if it's there. I'm sorry you had some unpleasant dealings but he's not a bad guy like some of the profiteerers out there and he is honest.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 03:52:49 pm by Doc »

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 04:40:53 pm »
I don't dispute his reputation as a seller or the good service he provides his buyers. It's just that over the last twelve months he and another eBay seller have always been the ones to outbid me ambush style and usually on high dollar items. Before I got my mag covers The two of them outbid me ($280US+) on more than 4 mag covers only to resell them later at a profit. I believe this type of conduct may be profitable but it excludes people of limited means from our sport which profits no one. Take it or leave it, thats just my buck-o-five
Ban BLACK rims NOW

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 04:51:40 pm »
Doc . As far as head gaskets go I make my own along with case and base gaskets  :)
       It was only a few weeks ago a complete gasket PE 400 gasket set sold on Ebay OZ for a mad figure  :o

Doc

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 06:21:36 pm »
sorry Mick, I didn't mean to sound as if I was going off the handle..it's just I have dealt with and corrosponded with Mike and the reason he is paying obsurd figures for some items is for the simple reason he is restoring a TM to pristine NOS standard. If he finds a NOS item and then finds another he'll buy them both and pick the best then resell the others..he can do it..we can't. He's battling and paying the same for rare parts as you and I only he can afford to bid a little more being in the position he's in. If I could afford it I would be top bidder also and then I'd be the 'bad' guy ;) luck of the draw and once he has all he needs things will go back to the other 150 regular bidders on TM items :D He's out bid me a few times too but eh..ya get that..Emileegirl (Philip) is cleaning up on the sale of TM parts at the mo and he has literally got mountains of NOS stuff which he'll list in good time ;) Have corrosponded with him also and another who's only too willing to help but will only list via ebay.

Stew, that's kinda good to know..in my penny pinching madness I'm determined to get the bits I need shipped for free and these gaskets and a couple of other so called 'no longer available' items may recoup the postage at least ;D I got about 7 nice items cheap all from one seller so this be the plan Stan

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 06:29:00 pm by Doc »

firko

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 06:28:48 pm »
If these bloody things are so rare, I've got one for sale for $6000 and I'll throw in the rare as shit PE 400Z for nothing. Available to the first punter with cash in hand at CD5. Jeez Louise!!!

Doc

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 06:31:24 pm »
 :D Firko..soon as I get my grubby little hands on the PE head gasket she'll go on ebay and answer all my questions. That is unless another turns up and gets listed beforehand..If I can find 3 in five minutes then they ain't that rare :D Stew I'm with you, I make all my own also except the head gaskies but I've a good selection of those  ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 06:33:25 pm by Doc »

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 08:57:48 pm »
i remember before i was really into PE's i bought a PE 250 T with a 400 engine in it  off a customer who was also my friend but couldnt afford to restore the bike so he sold it to me for $50. it was missing the exahust, flywheel, and head gasket. that was in 2003 and i didnt know much about them and the head gasket was NLA back then. i sold the engine at a swapmeet for $40!!!! my biggest regret ever!! i so wish i kept that motor now $40 what was i thinking! i had $80 on it but the buyer got me down to $40 i also sold some really good side covers off it, but kept the rest and have now got a 250 motor for it, and the same bike is becoming my mint showroom 250 T. its a bit of a hard way to go about it doing it by bits but its working out ok.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

oldfart

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 02:11:07 pm »
And one week later another is advertised on ebay and sold for $10-50 usd  ;)

Doc

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 06:29:32 pm »
I was watching that oldfart  ;) really tryin' to rain on my parade isn't he! :D my plan is to store the HG's away for retirement and the full kit I'll list on egay @ $100 buy it now. ;D That'll pay for my shipping and some of the other stuff that's Oz bound next week ;D have money, will spend..what a marvelous philosophy! :P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:31:38 pm by Doc »

oldfart

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 09:02:12 pm »
Tight arse me only put a max bid of $10-oo on said item  ::)   

Doc

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 12:10:47 am »
an' you call me a tin arse!! :D tellya what! I'll sell this kit to you for $90 and you get to keep the $10..bargain!!  :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 12:13:05 am by Doc »

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 06:31:36 pm »
As soon as I read the above, I spent 1/2 hour digging through all the junk right at the back of my shed - no matter what I want, it's always right at the back!  I knew I had a spare PE250 donk in there somewhere - as it's half the size of a PE400, the head gasket must be half as rare & worth half as much!!  Ebay, here I come.
Mike

Doc

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 10:09:26 pm »
ah that's where things take a bit of a twist Mike..instead of the PE250 HG being rare it then turns to the RM250 for the big profit margin. I can barely giveaway a nos RM250 piston (same as PE for dogs sake!) but the RM250 HG's sell like hotcakes and the PE stuff runs stone cold..go figure  :o eGay really isn't any place to decide anythings worth..it is however worth studying the days and times and moon phases when these crazed people go nuts cause if you can figure it out you'll be kickin' back on a beach in the Bahama's in no time :D

There is a seller listing a killswitch for RM PE TS DR RL bla bla at present. I admit I got sucked in through simply not looking close enough. He states he bought them at Ohio last year as the said items but infact I bought 1 off him before that date..he keep listing one after the other and usually sell for between $30 -$50US a go. The switches are deadset MCS brand Suzuki cheapy 'replica's' available through near any shop for sweet bugger all..before Coffs we had 2 of these switches fail miserably from 'new'..needless to say they were ditched for $4 jobs that worked perfectly. Beware is all I say..look close and if there is no part number supplied look even closer. This sort of 'dishonest' selling gets up my nose even if he did buy at Mid Ohio I feel 100% certain he would know they are not genuine. His listing carefully worded without using the word genuine  ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:20:52 pm by Doc »