Author Topic: Hello from Lincoln,Nebraska & Hearne,Texas  (Read 876 times)

Tom Laird

Hello from Lincoln,Nebraska & Hearne,Texas
« on: December 18, 2011, 10:34:21 am »
Hey There ,My name is Tom Laird. I have ridden Flat Track since 1959. Raced Scrambles,Motocross,Hare & Hound and Long Tracks(1/2 and one mile tracks also.1963,I was Tri/state Short Track Champion. In 196.5 I was 500cc Motocross Champion I Nebraska. Won the last race on a 1955 Ariel Scrambler framed with a 1948 cast iron single engine. Dug it out of a guys corn crib. Only thing I could borrow on 1 days notice. Blew up my regular ride. I was surprised at how fast you can go on a slow ,nonhandling motorcycle. LOL Nowadays I just sponsor some fast guys Like Wild Will Kelley from Stevensville,TX USA and New (to Me anyway) Australian Peter Lee,who is going to ride My Champion Framed T140 Triumph in the Kansas Fair Circuit Series and hopefully at Davenport and Knoxville Iowa.in Aug.and Sept. I watched him last year and was pretty impressed. I'm rambling,guess I better shut up and go away .More later.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Lincoln,Nebraska & Hearne,Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:44:23 am »
Welcome aboard Tom. It's good to have another American flat track racer adding to the mix on here. American style flat track bikes are less common that the British style slider but more and more American import flat trackers are beginning to appear. I've got a few in various states of construction including a 650 Benelli in an unknown home made frame I bought off eBay 10 years ago, an experimental 750 Yamaha Trackmaster frame waiting for its place on the production line, a Hindall framed 360 Yamaha and my latest find, a DT1 Yamaha in a frame that was sold to me as a Champion then it was thought to be a PDV and now we're not sure what it is after dismissing both of those makers. Maybe you might have a clue, it's all here on this thread,........http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=21785.0

Good on you for putting Pete on your bike next year Tom....he won't let you or the bike down. ;D

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

Re: Hello from Lincoln,Nebraska & Hearne,Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 12:07:41 pm »
Welcome Tom and as Firko said thanks for providing a bike for Pete, you probably saw him ride this year so you'll already know he gets around pretty bloody good.
Cheers, Steve