Author Topic: wyaralong bike park  (Read 1508 times)

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
wyaralong bike park
« on: December 18, 2011, 10:24:33 am »
wyaralong bike park has its official opening today ;D,but its invitation only :(.the park will resume normal operating hours as of the 20th and open for everyone.the park will only close 25-26th and the 1st-2nd open every other day ;D.since i work through christmas and only get weekends off i will have to wait till after the new year to have a ride there :'(.anyone with an ma licence gets a discount . http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=1658a link for entry fees etc .cheers

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
Re: wyaralong bike park
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 09:17:46 pm »
Mate and I rode it on saturday,has the makings of a good complex.
The enduro loops are at present 50 odd kms, with hard and easy loops.The markings of the tracks are still a bit vage,as we rode with the first group to go throw,only 3 out of 12 found there way out including 2x sweeps.They will have better signage soon but it would pay to take a GPS. (would you believe they wont let them nail arrows to the trees)

Rode 2 of the mx tracks,good fun, jumps are well sized,its hard pack with loose toping which makes for skills needed on the off camber corners.Very dusty but they claim to be putting in irrigation at some stage

Fmx compound is fenced in and not accesable to anyone untill they pass an assessment by the accredited staff member.

There is a natural terrain mx track over by the fmx compound but never made it to check it out.

Its well set out and will be a great show case for our Nationals in 2012 ;D
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:33:33 pm »
we where there today and rode all day, great place and only 15mins down the road. will be back.
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 07:38:38 pm »
Im going on holidays Thursday...Im only bout 30 mins away too. Guess where I will be spending some time? Sounds like A good place to wear some tyres out (& myself).