Author Topic: VB 250  (Read 2488 times)

maico police

VB 250
« on: December 10, 2011, 11:33:32 am »
After three years of harrassing the guy (to sell), I finally get a look at it next week. It's possibly my brothers old bike. Here marks the start of another resto.....

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: VB 250
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 10:02:12 pm »
After three years of harrassing the guy (to sell), I finally get a look at it next week. It's possibly my brothers old bike. Here marks the start of another resto.....

Mont, is it a 77 or 78? Either we're great bikes to ride but the 78 was particularly good. I put a 360 head, barrel, pipe and carb on mine when it was new and made a 5 speed rocket out of it.
Hope you get it.

Stan.

maico police

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:28:20 am »
Hi Stan. Don't know which one it is yet. All I know is it (apparently) is pulled down but fairly complete and original. Very exciting :).

maico police

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 06:23:47 pm »
Here's a pic of me looking all 'menacing' on our old VB.
Stan should recognise it as Trevor Brooke's old bike. One that he ran with quite often I'd say.

The other bike's a VA 250.

Quite a 'snap-shot' of the seventies that with mono-shocked BMX bike and Torana in the background. Probably a skateboard hanging around there as well.....

Montynut

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 08:27:14 pm »
Good God Ross a Kwaka jersey :-[ how could you :P

maico police

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:29 pm »
The really weird part Greg is that I didn't get my one and only Kawa 'till a few years after that pic would've been taken. No one else in family had one. ???

I musta ratted it out of the Vinnies bin..... :-[

maico police

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 08:30:17 am »
Somethings just aren't meant to be. I went and looked at it but it was pretty rough. I made what I thought was a reasonable offer but I'd say someone's been in his ear and he probably think It's gunna be his superanuation or put his kids through Uni.  :(

The most interesting thing was it still had the remains of one of Stans fiberglass FIM legal sidecovers on it...... :P

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 08:52:56 am »
Somethings just aren't meant to be. I went and looked at it but it was pretty rough. I made what I thought was a reasonable offer but I'd say someone's been in his ear and he probably think It's gunna be his superanuation or put his kids through Uni.  :(

The most interesting thing was it still had the remains of one of Stans fiberglass FIM legal sidecovers on it...... :P

Hey Mont,
That's disappointing but you can't pay too much for these things. Did he know who's bike it had been originally?
I tried recently to find the fiberglass moulds that we made those side covers from but the fiberglass joint that we got them made at reckon they throw things out after 33 years of not being used, how rude? :D

Regards Stan.

maico police

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 08:57:50 am »
He said his Old Man picked it up at a garage sale about ten years ago so I'm guessing he probably paid about ten bucks for it.

Did the guy from the fiberglass shop say which part of the tip he threw them in? I got some spare time...... ;)