Author Topic: Swap meets  (Read 1872 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Swap meets
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:14:33 pm »
Do swap meets still happen ? I used to like them for both buying and selling. Classic dirt in the beginning was a huge swap meet with a bit of riding and bike display now it seems not much swap meeting and mostly riding and display. Other regular swap meets that I have been to are either gone or getting really small and hardly worth the visit. Any onfo or ideas out there?

p.s yer I know that ebay has had a huge effect .

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Swap meets
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 11:27:35 pm »
You answered your own question Moto,....Ebay= more money most of the time and you dont have to get up early....I do miss a good swap though, our big one up here is Gatton in October, Maleny is probably next, in March....most of the time these days its just road bike shit and srap metal (well thats where it should be).
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:35:44 pm »
Yep sure do !! pushin for a swapmeet/movie night/ride day early 2012 calender here in the west.
Just trying to get the right weekend available  :P  :P 

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=17561.0
Best is in the West !!

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:19:56 am »
You answered your own question Moto,....Ebay= more money most of the time and you dont have to get up early....I do miss a good swap though, our big one up here is Gatton in October, Maleny is probably next, in March....most of the time these days its just road bike shit and srap metal (well thats where it should be).

You forgot Haiglsey swap at the bike museum on Feb 5th.  Not much VMX stuff anymore because you blokes are hoarding it all.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:28:43 am »
Some of the big bike events should be encouraging the swapmeet , insteed of charging silly prices for space!
Couple of CR`s

Offline Harry

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 07:21:34 pm »
Yep loved the swap meets, even if I didn't buy anything it was still a day out.
Now sit inside in front of a computer = boring.

Harry

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 09:56:14 pm »
Yep loved the swap meets, even if I didn't buy anything it was still a day out.
Now sit inside in front of a computer = boring.

Harry

Yer I agree , its a day out and its not just the parts etc its the people and swapping idea's and stories,leads to other stuff etc.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 09:12:20 am »
I live for them. My biggest social day of the year.  Just love the atmosphere, it's just great to walk along and overhear snippets of conversations of old blokes passing on a lifetime of tech tips etc.  I also have swap meet mates.  blokes that I only see once a year and chat to for a couple of minutes, but realise that I've known them now for over fifteen years.

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:20:03 am »
There was one at Corio on Dec 4th that i could'nt make,i hav'nt been to one for years but do enjoy a bit of a look around.

cheers Dale.