Author Topic: VMX events around the time of the Classic nats in QLD  (Read 1286 times)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
VMX events around the time of the Classic nats in QLD
« on: November 21, 2011, 05:28:26 pm »
I know it’s a bit early but I’m looking for any VMX events around the time of the Classic Nats next year.
Preferably multi day meetings but anything will do and within 1,000km of the Nats would be suitable

My wife and I are planning a 6-8 week holiday but I now need to work out just when to book leave for.

Thanks

Brent
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: VMX events around the time of the Classic nats in QLD
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 03:58:54 pm »
Brent j, we are trying to get a meeting going as the sidecar boys wont come up from Sth for just the one event. Looking to do one either just before or just after to make the trip worthwhile a like you they could make a holiday of it.
Will let you know how it develops.
Might have to have an old fashioned "blacky" if we can't get a permit which will mean more for prizemoney etc... ;)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 04:06:50 pm »
best do it after as some guys wont risk binning or braking a motor before the NAts.  That then also makes the meeting a bit more relaxed as its a cool down from all the hoo haaa
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:35:45 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:44:54 pm »
Brent..there's a Penrith club day at Nepean on June 17. It might be a great opportunity to stick your toe in to the dirt track experience ;D. You're welcome to ride any of my and my fellow good 'ol boy's dirt track tackle on the day.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 05:15:46 pm »
or if it's the week before it could just be a nice test and tune/jetting and beer tasting warm up- :D