Author Topic: Neck Braces  (Read 8362 times)

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Neck Braces
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 12:46:41 pm »
I'm cashed up and about to get a neck brace. Are leattes still the way to go or have the competition got something worth looking at now.

gator

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 02:30:36 pm »
Alpinestar have a new neck brace coming out in August  about $650 us
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:45:18 pm by gator »

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 03:00:18 pm »
Just googled neck braces and seems that EVS have one out now at about half the cost of a leatt. Not sure how it compares though.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 03:28:15 pm »

from gator

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 04:19:35 pm »
Just googled neck braces and seems that EVS have one out now at about half the cost of a leatt. Not sure how it compares though.

$wont be available till july retailing for $210 the inporter says.  look shit hot too i say.  asked for a demo model for a loan but the importers says he aint even got them yet so those on ebay saying shipping from june 1st are on drugs ATM.  For some reason the EVO hasnt left the factory yet as a release, hopefull on weeks away as they are well priced for everyone. i also notice you can get the leet one for 395 now, bout time that got real for a chunk of plastic and foam.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 06:57:15 pm »
I've been wearing an EVS race collar for a while now, better than nothing I think. And I am buying one of their new ones as soon as it turns up. I would probably buy a Leatt if it weren't for the EVS. I reckon the EVS will be good enough to do the job. But yep, neck protection is a great idea, and it is good to see so many kids in them now.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 03:55:33 pm »
Can /Has anyone worn a Leatt neck brace over armour.I wondering if they can be adjusted to sit on/over the mandatory back protectors for dirt track these days. I imagine they can but a little know how would be needed I'm guessing-anyone out there doing this with theirs?

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 08:36:22 pm »
I was told while recently in the Alfred hospital, that if i didnt have my Leatt neck Brace on when i crashed, that it was near certain i wouldnt be walking again.. or playing with my little girl when she grows up.. To me, i dont give too hoots how much the brace is, cos to have been lying in that bed being told i wasnt going to be able to walk again, i would of pain a million bucks to have changed things. I have only shattered my shoulder blade into 4 peices and broke the three top ribs, destroyed my AC joint and cracked the rotator cuff in my shoulder.. aswell as all the muscle tears to go with it probably!  Its a 8 week sentence compared to a life sentence really..
Worth every penny of the $650 the brace cost me.
Maico's, the only way to go.

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 08:51:35 pm »
Sounds pretty serious mxmaniac. Did you hurt yourself on a modern or a vintage? The reason i ask is most big injuries seem to happen on a modern. A forum member and i were talking about that recently

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 02:01:16 pm »
As a matter of interest I'd/we'd all be interested in what mxmaniac was riding when the accident occurred, but it's always the impact and the speed that does the damage.
if the injury stats are higher for moderns I'd guess it's because there are far more moderns tearing up the tracks....don't ya think? :-\
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 02:13:37 pm »
i know from watching the '08 250 and 450Ts ripping up the Young Amcross track last sunday that their donks and shocks allow them to get up to incredible speeds in like a nanosecond, meaning anytime they got a few yards more, they're going 80/90k's.  all you got to do then is miss the brake before the corner berm and you are an astronaut.

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 02:28:01 pm »
they also rip up each and every track so much that no matter how fancy your suspension you spend half the time trying to get your feet back on the pegs and front wheel pointing forward.  its a no-win situation - the more they develop good suspension, the more they also develop the power and braking which in turn when applied to mother earth just shreds it all the more.

by the last race at young, the acceleration and braking ruts were more like full sets of stutters - make that whoop-de-doos!

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 06:36:42 pm »
i WAS TRAIL RIDING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE ON A YAMAHA WR450, THERE WERE TREES TOWN ACROSS THE TRACK AND DID THE SAME THING I HAVE DONE A MILLION OTHER TIMES WHILE JUMPING OVER TREES, JUST THIS TIME IT ALL WENT PEAR SHAPED!.. SHIT HAPPENS I GUESS, JUST LUCK OF THE DRAW! BEING STUCK IN THE BUSH WAITING FOR AN AMBULANCE WAS A FREAAKY EXPERIENCE.. PUTS THE WIND UP YA AND MAKES YA THINK TWICE ABOUT TRAIL RIDING AGAIN  :o
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 08:35:24 pm »
Ahhh; it was a Yamaha...
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 08:39:53 pm »
Being six foot tall, I have stood in those whoop-de-doos after a weekend of 400 moderns and they have been up to my shoulders deep.
Really?! :o are you serious?! :o Sheeeit!! :o