Author Topic: where the hell is TMBill ????  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
where the hell is TMBill ????
« on: November 02, 2011, 05:24:44 pm »
Man times change managed to pick up this haul of 74 KX250 stuff without TM Bill bidding me up through the roof....  ;D ;D even looks decently clean compared to the usual sheep shaggers special

formerly Marc.com

oldfart

Re: where the hell is TMBill ????
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 05:31:53 pm »
74????   looks like a 75 to me.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 05:44:57 pm »
I think Stewy's right, you've farked up Mark.....still a good buy though and with the Kiwi rules you'll be fine.....thats if you ever ride it. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 05:49:44 pm »
I think Stewy's right, you've farked up Mark.....still a good buy though and with the Kiwi rules you'll be fine.....thats if you ever ride it. ;D

advertised as 74 but didn't put it under the microscope.... not too concerned as have 74 frame kicking about and mainly wanted the other bits
formerly Marc.com

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 06:03:36 pm »
Mark if you have a frame and swing arm your home and hosed. We must visit the same sites, with regards to Mag cover and Kx .

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »
mark do you have a swingarm of the gods lined up for the kwaka?
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

lucien

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:34:04 pm »
Which part of the words "pre 75" dont you get ,
It would make a good/legal pre 78 bike,

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 08:14:43 pm »
Entry form may still say pre75 but it isn't anymore, often referred to as classic which takes in a few later bikes now

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 08:28:54 pm »
For what you paid Marc it looks like a good project :) does look to be in good order . Its a 75 though i think or 76  ??? 75 paint job. Theres a shit load more differences than frame and swinging arm between 74 and 75/76 though  ;) try motor, wheels, forks, footpegs, air box, seat, plastics, shocks, exhaust  ;D

Im told that the importer was knocking them out for sweet FA in 76 as farm bikes as they were considered uncompetitive  ::) i believe a well set up 75 or 76 KX 250 is a great pre 78 bike :) its no RM B or AW Maico but still a great ride.

With Kiwi rules 75 or 76 is a much better race propersition in the CLASSIC class but 74 is rarer and arguably more deisreable  ;)

There are way more differences between 74 and 75 KXs than their are between 74 and 75 RHs  :) and a lot of simularitys between 74 KX and 74 RH . Obviously the RH 250L is a better bike but by how much  ??? The late Barry Senn told me not a lot and i think Dave T 211 would be well quaified to have an opinion on the subject  :)

I really enjoy both my 74 and my 76 KX 250s probably more than my 79 250  ;) I do find it strange that the 75/76 KX 125s are not considered flow ons in Aussie though  ??? as i have a 74 and a 76 125 and there really is bugger all difference between them unlike their big Bros  :(

Marc go for it Brother my buying days are well over, i have one more KX deal to finalise and get shipped home and thats the lot   ;D .If i sold or gave away a bike or a part every day till i die there would still be shit left , so i truly dont want any more  :)

It finally dawned on me  you can keep buying shit till your arse heals up  ::) but the object for me is to ride the buggers before im too bloody old . I currently spend more time pushing the buggers around the sheds than i ever do riding them  ::) if i have more than one of any model thats too many and is probably preventing somone else from getting into VMX  :-[

My name is Bill and i am a horder  :-[
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:31:06 pm by TM BILL »

mainline

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 10:40:31 pm »
if i have more than one of any model thats too many and is probably preventing somone else from getting into VMX  :-[

a refreshing attitude Bill

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 07:30:55 am »
Bill im impressed ,you are obviously on the mend since joining "horders Anonamous"
Now if we can only cure your going to the dark side......lol
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 09:09:53 am »
mark do you have a swingarm of the gods lined up for the kwaka?

Well funny you should mention that I do have spare PDI arm sitting about ;D ... I think I may need Bills councilor as my project hoarding seems to be approaching similar levels  ::) ... still 6 months time I will be back in NZ and then I will be assembling bikes on an industrial scale. I may even get to ride one occasionally.... first things first I have run down the Paraparas for F1 Ducati high on the bucket list
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 09:23:50 am »
Hurry up with that one Marc at the rate they are straightening out the Paras it will be a straight road from national park soon  :o

I think that KX was a good buy  :) but we do need to get more bikes assembled and out of our sheds . Be good when you get home , maybe you can motivate me to do somthing with my numereous half done projects  ::)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 09:55:13 am »
but we do need to get more bikes assembled and out of our sheds .

Well on that topic we have lathe, mill, TIG and a bunch of fabrication tools at M&J these days, I am decent machinist and Mike goes great paint ... so we will be pretty self sufficient and not waiting for shit. I have visions of temporary unemployment and bike building on an industrial scale  ;D

formerly Marc.com