Author Topic: Go Qantas  (Read 6216 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Go Qantas
« on: October 30, 2011, 03:30:34 pm »
Our airlines in strife lets strike and finish it off?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:11:18 am by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Go Quantas
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 03:33:07 pm »
give yourself 1.7mill pay rise before it goes.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 04:44:12 pm »
Reads more like a lockout than a strike

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 06:49:55 pm »
As Packer quipped of Alan Bond "You only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime, and I've had mine".

Virgin gets one Alan Joyce.

TooFastTim

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 06:52:03 pm »
As Packer quipped of Alan Bond "You only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime, and I've had mine".

Virgin gets one Alan Joyce.

And Lord King. Read "Losing my virginity" by Branson and you realize how dirty BA played the game during Virgins early days.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 10:23:13 pm »
2 Bob says that Bob Hawke will get some media on how he solved a similar problem by threatening to use Airforce pilots.

and its QANTAS ,not QUANTAS . Just saying save you getting called a mentally ill substance abuser by that young Einstein from Yass

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 10:43:19 pm »
You quite often see these big corporations when there in financial differculty  giving the CEO and Board of Directors a healthy pay rise/bonus just before they go belly up.....can anyone tell me why we have a little leprechaun running an Aussie Icon.....it was made great by Aussie's so is there no one in Australia who could run it?........what about that pommy bum slapper that was running David Jones that couldnt keep his penis in his pants.....he's running some other company now....jobs for the boy's....dont Aussie company's have the confidance to have Aussie boss's anymore?....what about the septic tank that farked Telstra and then walked away with millions as a bonus...what the?....if you think about it there's been quite afew in the last decade.....there must be signs overseas that reads "come on down to the land downunder, screw it up and walk away with millions"....no wonder the county's farked.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 12:12:04 am »
You quite often see these big corporations when there in financial differculty  giving the CEO and Board of Directors a healthy pay rise/bonus just before they go belly up........what about the septic tank that farked Telstra and then walked away with millions as a bonus...what the?....
First one is easy that's because they know it's going tits up. Sol is another story, he failed many many times in the US but made one astounding win. He was made a 'Pioneer' by the Republican Party in the US for raising $100,000 for George W Bush's re-election(private citizens can only donate $1000 in the US). That entitled him to a phone call from Dubbya and..........................well you can chart his rise through corporate America and spectacular fails along the way best was his taking South West Bell share price from over $30 to under a $1. Not be for he sold his(sorry his wife's) shares for $28 two weeks before the failure.After the death threats got a bit much he arrived here AND we had to pay him to leave early, left with estimated $40-50m would have a net worth of at least $150m US.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Go Qantas
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 07:16:12 am »
Being a fly in fly out mines worker I,ve got about 315,000 qantas flyer points accrued which could get me and the missus 2 flights around the world. I am seriously thinking of exchanging them for items that can be purchased on the frequent flyer program, before it,s to late. I lost a heap when Ansett went belly up, and who would have thought that could happen..................

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 07:32:14 am »
I lost a heap when Ansett went belly up, and who would have thought that could happen..................

Oh the tax payer will be putting their hands in their pocket long before Qantas goes ass up.... its our national carrier, carry's reputation of Australia ra ra .... you know the same tax payers that they are cheerfully out sourcing their jobs.

Qantas is not a normal corporation, it benefits hugely under Australian law and should be made to show some farkin responsibility to Australia
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 08:09:05 am »
This dispute is not a contentious wage dispute; it is not an effort to break unreasonable or malicious or excessive Union Power; this dispute is a carefully engineered, planned and executed campaign to close a successful, profitable, high skilled industry, to minimise legitimate payouts and compensations and to move skilled Australian jobs offshore.

Joyce got his $1.7million BONUS because he is doing exactly what his board wants him to and because they know he is 'on target' to achieve just that.

Everyone involved knows just that including govt. Why Govt is thrashing about, wringing their hands and acting all surprised is just an ineffectual Puppet Show to duped the public.

The most amazing thing so far is the snap lock out (by whatever name you might like to give it). All we need now is for a smart arsed lawyer to have several thousand of the effected customers to start a class action to sue Qantas. I'm no lawyer and I haven't read the fine print on the back of an airline ticket but I would be surprise that such and act of 'bad faith' by Qantas could not be contested under Common Law or Commercial Law. Watch this space ;).

Unless you are a narrow minded, self satisfied, apathetic, small time, service industry provider such as a Carpet Cleaner or Cafe Owner or Personal Trainer, we all should be vitally interested in these proceedings and shenanigans.  There are moral, political, national and economic consequences and ramifications for all of us.

Curly3

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 08:18:45 am »
Qantas don't want us.
Let's chance it with Ansett.
Oh yeah , they're not around anymore are they.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 08:28:26 am »
this dispute is a carefully engineered, planned and executed campaign to close a successful, profitable, high skilled industry, to minimise legitimate payouts and compensations and to move skilled Australian jobs offshore.

The last Australian company to do so.
Funny way to go about it tho , usually they just sell them.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Taka 100

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 08:56:41 am »
sounds very suspiciously like a setup shares plumet from over 6 down to 1.5 agm  on the friday , very heated apparently, ceo gets more cash and incentives , they notify the gov in the arvo of the saturday whilst their locked into other issues , media's all over the goverment, take a big hit finacinally then say nothing we could have done its the workers and goverments fault ,  Coup de grĂ¢ce perhaps. these guys (corporate junkies)  lie to their mothers wonder were's wallie ( i mean big ears abbott)  ;D ;D ;) :-X
Q..... Quick
A......Ask
T......Tony
A......About
S......Selling

and the time clocks out on the forum .... whats going on you might be right somebodies waaattccchiiinnng ! im outa here
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:59:02 am by Taka 100 »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 09:06:07 am »
2 Bob says that Bob Hawke will get some media on how he solved a similar problem by threatening to use Airforce pilots.

and its QANTAS ,not QUANTAS . Just saying save you getting called a mentally ill substance abuser by that young Einstein from Yass

Hey,<snip>

(I'm impressed by the auto correct).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:16:36 am by Mod1 »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.