Author Topic: What a Crap Day  (Read 6179 times)

TM BILL

Re: What a Crap Day
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 02:36:06 pm »
Sorry for going off topic  ::) but i always had an unnatural fear of snakes  ::) (unnatural when you consider i grew up in the UK where there is more chance of meeting an honest polititian than a snake and i live in NZ where there are no snakes whatsoever )
But anyway since i was a kid i was always terrified of the things , i couldn't even go look at the buggers in the zoo   ;D what a Wooser  :-*
Some years ago i thought i need to address this  ;) so on a trip to north Queensland i went to a wildlife park Billibong sanctuary nr Townsville. Prior to going i had a couple of beers to steady the nerves  ::) and bottom line i faced the biggest unnatural fear i had  ;D i handled several snakes and got a bit confident and tried to bend one the wrong way  ::) the keeper near tore me a new one and explained that they aint toys and although they aint venomous they can bite a fair chunk out of you .

Point is most people have a fear of something or another and snakes were mine . Facing the fear head on was very empowering and i recomend anybody to step up and face your fear head on . Now i just have to work on big jumps and jealous husbands and im sorted  ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 02:48:23 pm »
so on a trip to north Queensland i went to a wildlife park Billibong sanctuary nr Townsville.

:D there inlies your mistake..you should of booked a day with young Bindi   ;D 
Best is in the West !!

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 02:59:10 pm »
nice day here but crap at the same time,bit overcast but still very warm good day, the crap part got my bike out to go riding and discoverd it had a flat rear  no spare tube= no riding  :'(.now sitting down watching the touring car masters replay from the gold coast all the old gt's, mustangs , hq's and some other oldskool stuff  ;D.
on snakes got attacked by of all things the most placid snake of all a green tree snake a couple of weeks ago while riding.he was soaking up the warmth on a hard clay track and i startled him he had three goes at my bike as i went past him i was only riding at walking speed.looks like a brown in vmx247's photo wouldn't like to be that close to one of them.cheers

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 03:33:34 pm »
:D there inlies your mistake..you should of booked a day with young Bindi   ;D 

Not sure Bindi is Bill's type. Anyway I have had an awesome day, picked up small mountain of 74 KX250 parts and didn't have to pay stupid $$$$ .... does Bill still have a pulse.
formerly Marc.com

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 03:50:10 pm »
And people think Firkos at Mr VMX we know hes with his love child Bindi
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

TM BILL

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 04:15:28 pm »
Yea  thanks Marc ,Bindis more DJs thing  ;)

Pulse Still beating here brother  :) pleased you scored some parts  8) always a good day when a deal goes the way you want it to ;D

Im just getting my KXs ready for the VMX series  :) missed the 1st rd due to date changes and a prior appointment  ::)

My 74 is a bit redundant here now as they call the Class Classics not pre 75 and 76 KXs are considered classics  :-\ I prefer the true pre 75 rule as run in Aussie but hey im just happy somone else is putting on the events  ;)

I will ride my 74 at the Classic scamble club events in Auckland , until the Metisse arrives then i might have to relocate it and one of my 74 KX125s  to Qld for the Aussie titles next year   :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 04:18:29 pm by TM BILL »

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 04:54:39 pm »
Was a crap day, waited 3 months for BJ racing to get me longer shock ends for the Falcons and they sent wrong (way to small) eyes = Bugger
Quick blat in the Mustang,home for B/que and brew saved the day.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 05:04:04 pm »
Sorry for going off topic  ::) but i always had an unnatural fear of snakes  ::) (unnatural when you consider i grew up in the UK where there is more chance of meeting an honest polititian than a snake and i live in NZ where there are no snakes whatsoever )
I reckon you're wrong there Bill, we've got at least 120 of the little c**ts & they've just started their 3 yearly make themselves visible cycle >:( >:(

albrid-3

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 05:15:10 pm »
Gee, Tm Bill, How many bikes do you have over there in that lovely Main Land call New Zealand, where I would love to visit a day.

TM BILL

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 05:27:50 pm »
Dave i have a couple  ;) your always welcome to visit if your out this way  :)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 06:38:56 pm »
I started work to my TM400 stripped the mudcatchers and will beadblast some things get the wheels done soon and then the motor the barrel is already done.

Yeah Mike no use looking for it there better looking for a needle in a haystack plus there always under the last thing.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 07:06:32 pm »
good day for us
went to stanmore juniors and vets practice
bloody hot though

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 09:41:11 pm »
usually go over there for a bit of a look elsinoreyz racing or practice its always good. im only about 5 mins from there across albert river.cheers

albrid-3

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »
Tm Bill, Thank you, I will look you when I have the pleasure of going, I would like to have a ride over, can one use there full license from MA Aust in NZ or do you have to apply for an international License.
The classic scramble Club in NZ is the Sister Club to our classic Scramble Club here, we are having a Memerial send off for one of our members at the all british day on the 12th November if anybody would like to come, The send off is for LLyod Martin an excellent club member sadly missed.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:55:54 pm by Wallie »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 10:48:01 pm »
And people think Firkos at Mr VMX we know hes with his love child Bindi

So her real Dad drives a Jag and not a Stingray  ;D
formerly Marc.com