Author Topic: Are we closet Greenies ?  (Read 6191 times)

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Are we closet Greenies ?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 08:31:36 pm »
That Air Ranger is a nice piece of kit. Can you get the gas refilled?
I have been to NZ a couple of times, mainly to kill things that were introduced, and I must say what a breath of fresh it was to be in a place that has not been ruined by wrist wringing, nanny state types who would ban  everything etc etc .... . The second time i went over to enjoy some huntin' shootin & fishin' I left my guns at home due to the outrageous amount of paperwork I was asked to fill out. I simply went to the local hunting/fishing shop in Christchurch and hired it, with one piece of paper picked up at the airport to verify who I was- . After picking out a deer rifle and a 12g shottie the young bloke behind the counter said ,"would you like a suppressor with that".(Silencer). And he never asked to see my piece of paper/license. It would be a bastard if that ever changed. NZ is my sort of place.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 08:36:20 pm »
Those possum where their in NZ before humans came along, big tuff wallies man and his gun.

Sorry do you have interlectual issues apart from the inability to spell and compose a sentence, Grey Possum was introduced into NZ from Australia and is 1000% non native noctious species, due to its appetite for native birds eggs amoungst other things. So the Government poisons them and cars run over them and we do our part, sort of a Kiwi Cane Toad but much cuter.

The Air Ranger costs about the same price as a VMX bike and takes care of them nicely.

albrid-3

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 08:58:15 pm »
Suzuki27, You sound Like a gunslinger, I think you fit well in USA at the OK Corral.
 I was a Duck hunter years ago unit one morning 5am sunrise shot no ducks that morning, three other hunters in white overalls and a red beanie walking back to car carrying their water pistols and three swans, thats the day I quite hunting and sold my Berretta 12 gauge, they call it a sport F@@@King Dickheads

albrid-3

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 09:41:12 pm »
Welcome Back Ross.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 09:43:07 pm »
Wallie, if I saw 3 guys wearing white overalls and red beanies who successfully shot some swans with a water pistol, I would sell my guns also- and probably get a check-up by a friendly mental heath professional!
Are you a vegetarian Mr Nimmo? Each to their own I suppose.

albrid-3

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 09:59:21 pm »
I am happy that you agree, this topic is going nowhere, I would like to talk about bikes, now that is a sport.

TM BILL

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 10:15:24 pm »
I am happy that you agree, this topic is going nowhere, I would like to talk about bikes, now that is a sport.

Dave start a thread on bikes then and see if you can draw interest away from this thread  ;)

TooFastTim

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 10:25:29 pm »
Dave start a thread on bikes then and see if you can draw interest away from this thread  ;)

Not until I get my free dope  ;D

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2011, 10:29:54 pm »
Aha - so I guess that means it is an air powered rifle? I was wondering why it was so big for shooting at such a little thing with

i have always shot at small things with a pretty big weapon :P
It started out unintentional but when I reread what I wrote I just couldn't pull it out (so to speak) :o
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 11:02:51 pm »

What got me thinking that we VMX folk are doing the right thing and quite without intention  :o is we recycle old motorbikes  8) none of that off to the dealer every 9 months for a new bike for us no sirie  ;) we reclaim bikes from the past and as they will tell you we are recycling  :)

You are onto something TM. There have been some genuine people ( no labels plz) who studied and calculated the amount of pollution( I'm not calling it not greenhouse gas) made during the manufacturing of a new car ,fuel efficient, green car whatever is never offset or recouped by the efficiency of that car compared the car that already is on the road.The best thing to do enviromentally is to keep the old cars going like in Cuba where they drive cars from the pre revolution era .The elbow grease involved in keeping an older car on the road is very friendly on the enviroment .The folks that came up with that finding have for some reason just dissappeared from main stream media. ::)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 11:13:36 pm »
That is 100% corect moto.....the carbon footprint of a Toyota Prius is more than a gas guzzling HumV.....what the?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 11:26:59 pm »
That is 100% corect moto.....the carbon footprint of a Toyota Prius is more than a gas guzzling HumV.....what the?

sorry I wasn't referring to one new car against another .I was reffering to the governments trying to get old inefficient cars off the road. Cash for clunkers etc.Obviously two new cars will have a carbon foot print in the manufacturing in the first place and then difference's in the carbon footprint made during use on the road.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:35:26 pm by motomaniac »

TooFastTim

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 11:39:53 pm »
Apparently a large dog has a larger carbon footprint than a medium sized car. Go figure.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 12:37:19 pm »
That Air Ranger is a nice piece of kit. Can you get the gas refilled?

You fill it from a dive bottle. I also have Theoben 25 that can bust Disprins at 50m and group MOA at 100m on a good day. Ideal for rounding up Possums and Magpies or any other Aussie pest from SA.

formerly Marc.com

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2011, 12:43:39 pm »
Jeez Marc ad that to the thread about Aust industry and I'm on your side MATE. :D :D :D