Author Topic: Hi all - that's if I've done this right  (Read 2285 times)

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
Hi all - that's if I've done this right
« on: March 06, 2008, 12:26:48 pm »
Hello people,

I've browsed off and on since the new format was introduced, and enjoy the "enthusiastic" discussion, so decided to join in.

I'm an old man of motocross, remember it called "scrambles" when I started, riding a Yamaha 80 & an Ariel 500 twin(with shackle heel rear end, so don't forget the kidney belt).
Progressing to a Dot 250, then a Greeves Challenger, I became addicted to Spanish speed, with Bultacos, Montesas and Ossas carting me along.  I retired from racing 30 years ago, sold my KTM 250 to become a family man, no regrets.
Unfortunately, about six years ago, after stumbling across a copy of VMX, I attended the Whitsunday Classic MX meeting, and was hooked again.
In the last few years, I have restored a Montesa cappra 250 and a Bultaco Mk3, ridden them at moderate speed but enjoyed myself immensely.  I am now in the market for project 3, prefer Montesa or Ossa, too many Bultacos up here.

The young guys may be going faster, but I've got the biggest grin!

Mike

Offline bingil 6

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all - that's if I've done this right
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 12:41:43 pm »
Welcome Mike, Ive met you at on of the Whitsunday meetings I was the guy on the 75 250 Maico # 777 ,see you there this year Cheers Lou

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:32:38 pm »
Hey Mike. Darcy here nice to see you join the site. Get yourself a Maico I cann't teach all them Bultaco's up here on my own. Seeing Lou isn't there to help me anymore. Welcome aboard Darcy.
    ;D It doesn't realy matter what your riding as long as your riding ;D
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 05:45:15 pm »
Hey Darcy, good to hear from you old son, how's the leg - can you throw it over yet? 
I did consider a Maico-briefly!
Finding anything not too far away is the biggest problem, I"m still relying on you to spot one for me.
Cheers, Mike

mx250

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 07:06:42 pm »
The young guys may be going faster, but I've got the biggest grin!

Mike
And you are a man of good taste  ;D.