Author Topic: Nepean Short Track.  (Read 921 times)

Curly3

Nepean Short Track.
« on: October 20, 2011, 05:55:55 pm »
For anyone interested, you can ride Flattrack/Shorttrack this Sunday at Nepean, it's run in conjunction with the Speedway Riders Assoc club day.
At this stage they don't run a " Classic " class but you can ride in " Rookie " class.
I'm keen have a ride but I'm commited to ride at the BWP Dirt Track meeting the following weekend, not sure if the body would hold up to 2 weekends in a row.
I you're keen you can call Tony Garrard on 0404450149.

P.S. This is one one of Tony's pet projects, for anyone who's been out to Nepean lately you would've noticed how bloody good the track is, that's pretty much all down to Tony's efforts ( there'll be others I'm sure ), give him some support and you never know, we may even get a Classic class up and running.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:20:41 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Nepean Short Track.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:35:41 pm »
Tony's enthusiasm and no bullshit 'get it done' attitude is a breath of fresh air to Nepean. There'll eventually be a vintage class included in the new short track program once enough bikes start to show up. There are seven or eight proper American style 'framer' flat trackers amongst the Klub Kevlar good 'ol boys alone, all  ready to go next year so if you add Birko's upcoming Trackmaster Husky, Jims two or three, and Matcho Micks bikes and the few Astros already on the track it shouldn't be long before we get our own class.   
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha