Author Topic: Ok Need answers  (Read 5284 times)

shakeyCZ

Ok Need answers
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:13:24 am »
Okay all i have just undone my screw at the bottom of the crank and the bike has not been started or run for 4 weeks and engine oil came out threw the screw hole i would say 40-60ml of oil.  Is this bad and would this  make the bike not run properly, like when you go to take off it wants to stall, at the top end when it just dies and you just can't get any power from half throttle up ??? ???

But what I need to know is will this cause problems with the crank preassure? it has all new seals and bearing in it as I have just rebuild the whole engine about 3 months ago

I guess I will have to split the engine and reseal it

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Ok Need answers
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:03:02 pm »
Hi,
If you are unsure of the signs, that differentiate excess fuel ,ie flooding carb, from leaking crank seals.
remove crankcase drain screw, drain fluid , replace crankcase drain screw, remove Carb from intake manifold , seal inlet, recheck crankcase drain after a couple of weeks,
when you say "engine oil" do you mean transmission fluid, if you suspect a transmission fluid leaking into crankcase thru case joins  or past crank seals , Drain transmission completely refil with Auto transmission fluid, TQF, the red one, with no carb fitted , and recheck crankcase drain after a couple of weeks ,
you could do it the other way by draining the the transmission and leave the carb connected,
cheers
ps dont use "TQF" for transmission fluid in a CZ   
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:05:14 pm by jikov »

shakeyCZ

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:25:12 pm »
yer i thought the same but i had disconnected the fuel and before i parked it in the shed I ran all the fuel out so there was no fuel in carby or tank as the fuel tank was off as well, so it has had no fuel in it for 4 weeks and it is defanetnly oil from the gearbox, would this cause it to run bad?

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 07:00:36 pm »
Hi,
 if you drain the transmission fluid by using the drain plug only, there will be oil left in the inner clutch cover, so when you refill the transmission with the specified amount  they are overfilled ,
did you use a "viton"high temp seal for the ignition (dry) side , check you are using the right seals,ie, for rotating shafts and not seals for sliding shafts ie, fork tubes,
cheers 

shakeyCZ

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:50:56 pm »
Yer I used cz seals from cz stuff in UK, I have no other leaks any where else just into the crank, I know it's leaking but will it cause the engine to run with no power, I don't know how much oil I have lost when I last ran the bike but maybe that's why is smokes so much when it was running and why the muffler was so oily

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:00:01 pm »
what did you use as sealent between the cases.gi gantors cz was doing the same thing and the problem was that the cases didnt seal properly and it leaked oil from the front of the gearbox straight into the crank.oil used to run out when he undid the crank drain screw.
jim
i use a loctite product make a gasket(i think) its red and only sets on compression.it also takes up any little gaps and seals them.

shakeyCZ

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 09:33:17 pm »
I used loctite for my cases, I think I will have to split and redo, big pain in the ass but such is life thanks all

Offline stump magnet

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 10:36:51 pm »
think im having a simular problem with my 360 sidepipe.
only getting half the oil out of the gear box when draining after 3-4 meetings.
and not running as cleanly as it used to before it spat out a gudgeon pin circlip and made a mess of the crankcases ( had to split cases then to clean everything up)
have replaced the crank seal and will see if its better at next meeting.
mine aint that bad as runs just a tad rich but the oil is definately getting into crankcase so will have to split em and re-seal the cases if the new seal doesnt work.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 05:18:52 am »
The product Jimg1au uses is 518 master gasket, I'm using the same in mine after the holed piston due to a possible air leak
Pays to lay a thread of cotton or silk if you read the manual around the cases as a extra barrier if your cases aren't perfectly flat, has worked well in mine

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 10:56:33 pm »
I use three bond.

Offline VMX60

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 12:13:02 am »
Shakey

Check the primary side inner seal steel sleeve surface plus the seal spring can be pushed out when fitting the steel sleeve leaving the crankseal without tension sucks the gearbox oil had this happen once
Just might save a motor split

Cheers

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 10:22:56 am »
Hi,
"Three Bond" is the answer, use the white one , its 3 times the price of the grey three bond.
cheers

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 03:55:20 pm »
thats in both our cz's and a great seaerl, had a top man do the rebuild on motors. ;D
My fastest lap is the first one :)

mainline

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 05:36:41 pm »
thats in both our cz's and a great seaerl

bit early in the day to be hitting the red wine?  ;D

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 06:37:25 pm »
my six year old can spell better than me,  ;D