Author Topic: Go the Warriors  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Go the Warriors
« on: September 24, 2011, 09:51:22 pm »
Just gotta kick those Manly Sea Eagles butts now.....what a game.....woooohoooo...... ;D :)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Go the Warriors
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:56:20 pm »
Faaaark!! How did that happen!

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:59:57 pm »
And we will Davey,strong and composed,not many mistakes! all good.

cheers Dale.

Curly3

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 10:18:17 pm »
My money's on the Warriors.
That was a high quality game and the Warriors certainly had to work hard for it.

mx250

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 10:28:39 pm »
Faaaark!! How did that happen!
Sterlo will tell ya; field position and possession - every time. Warriors had it and the Storm didn't. And it was mostly because the Storm took bad choices on the 5th ;).

Now, next week. Hmmmmmmmmm............

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 10:37:09 pm »
The Kiwis will be insufferable if they win the League and the RWC ;D but good games by All Blacks and Warriors. 
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 10:44:58 pm »
Definitely bad options on the 5th but I don't think I can remember a soft hand over by either side in the 2nd.
I think Quinn was lucky they didn't recieve a penalty for his dive, he would've & should've been persecuted.
Looked just like a Soccer player to me.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:52:39 pm »
I dont want to count my egg's just yet, but they may need some extra cupboards for the trophy's...... ;D....farrrk I hate Manly.....be interesting if Phill Gould gives the Warriors a hand since "his" coach for Penrith next year is the Warriors coach? ;D...I thought they played very well, never gave up.....if we get a grand final game like tonight it will be awesome.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 10:54:25 pm »
And just the FIVE penalties awarded : it CAN be done... 8)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

ted

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 06:25:10 am »
Dream on lads....GO MANLY

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 10:34:13 am »
Barring the great Kiwi throat retraction  ::), the warriors should go all the way !!
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 12:21:07 pm »
There only playing the Manly Moari's anyway.....see the Warriors are in the other finals aswell.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »
Davey,you are probably right about Gus helping out the ex-Manly Fullback. As a loud and proud Manly fan I am a bit worried about what I saw last night. The trick will be keeping the fire alight for another week for the Warriers. They beat Melbourne at their own game.Very disciplined performance. Glen Stewart back, Matei probably gone and the big T-Rex will probably get through to the Final. Can't wait.

ted

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 03:51:01 pm »
Matai and Williams cleared to play....Start whinging warriors supporters  GO MANLY

mx250

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 05:01:38 pm »
Davey,you are probably right about Gus helping out the ex-Manly Fullback. As a loud and proud Manly fan I am a bit worried about what I saw last night. The trick will be keeping the fire alight for another week for the Warriers. They beat Melbourne at their own game.Very disciplined performance. Glen Stewart back, Matei probably gone and the big T-Rex will probably get through to the Final. Can't wait.
The Warriors won it on the 'go forward' with their forwards. Every set of six they made at least 50 metres, most times ending in an attacking position. The Storm were the opposite - didn't go forward in the forwards nor had 'go forward' in the back line - they seemed flustered and out of their routine.

If Manly can stop to 'go forward' from the play the ball and get field position and possession they should have 'the attack' to win.

But there is a lot of if's and but's and a counter for every positive. It will come down to commitment, desire and the lack of nerves/mistakes. You would guess that Manly would be the 'most likely' but after last nights game you would have to impressed by the enthusiasm, self belief and 100% 'all of game' commitment the Warriors showed. Can they regain it? Will it be shattered by early Manly points? Only time will tell.