Author Topic: With Bathurst coming up Great footage from inside Falcon XY GTHO  (Read 5101 times)

monaro308

Re: With Bathurst coming up Great footage from inside Falcon XY GTHO
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 01:47:40 pm »
Theres a awesome photo around ,taken by wheels mag i think, back in 1970 of the gt falcon dash ,with the speedo on 140mph and the tacho on about 5500rpm, they drove from Melbourne to albury and back on the hume " really quickly",will have a look to see if i can find it and post it up.

Yeah a couple of workmates have that picture on the back of their toolboxes but the modern version from wheels magazine from about 2-3 years ago.
It has an HSV (in colour)either sitting on the GT's arse (in B/W) or showing the GT in its mirror...i'll check tonight at what it is and the speedo shot.

Marc.....that A9X is my favourite of all time (i knocked back an A9X for $14g in the late 90's because it was a 4 door)i rang the bloke (trading post days) and he said as soon as he mentions its a 4 dr....people said no thanks ::) i thought about it but wanted the 2dr....i also drove up to sydney and knocked back an HT350 Monaro for $9g because it had dry bog dripping down under the parcel shelf even though it was a clean body (lived next to the beach) a few months later ::)

I picked up my HJ GTS coupe 10 years ago for $3500 in bits and a complete running HQ GTS coupe last year from a work mate for $6g...so i'm happy...but an A9X would make me happier ;D

I love all the older cars inc Fords and chargers even though i work on all the latest/proto future GM stuff

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 04:24:16 pm »
That was awesome; got a pair of huge speakers plugged into the computer; all the windows in the house were vibrating.  Wish I still had my 351 XC coupe with 4V, Top-loader, 9", ported head, high comp pistons.... instead of my 2L Econovan :-(
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 05:27:31 pm »
Marc.....that A9X is my favourite of all time (i knocked back an A9X for $14g in the late 90's because it was a 4 door)i rang the bloke

I was trying to explain to my wife ( Canadian) that Aussies are born with a genetic imprint that determines if you are a Holden or Ford fan. Personally I am a Holden fan, and have my own knocking back a real mint A9X for bloody 13K in Perth years ago.... I bought a VB 308 Commode instead which proceeded to be the most unreliable POS I have ever owned. Will find myself another Torana project one of these days. 
formerly Marc.com

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 05:58:27 pm »
This is the Ho Down The Hume story, Not a bad read  ;)
http://www.falcongt.com.au/HO-DTH.html

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 06:57:16 am »
I was trying to explain to my wife ( Canadian) that Aussies are born with a genetic imprint that determines if you are a Holden or Ford fan.
One sunny August day in '71, I saw Moffat vs Jane at Oran Park for the ATCC - instantly became a Moffat/Ford fan! The memory of Moffat's effort in the Boss 302 can never be erased. I loved the XU-1's, 350 Monaro's, GTHO's, ZL-1's and all the golden racing of that era, but for mine, Moffat was undoubtably The Man.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 08:22:07 am »
Moffat loved being the villian too.............
Jesus only loves two strokes