Author Topic: Rudd making comeback.  (Read 19292 times)

Curly3

Re: Rudd making comeback.
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2011, 07:01:52 am »
I think this topic has run it's course and probably should finish here.
I foolishly started it as just a general comment on the shambles our political leaders have become.
Last night I locked it off because of some disgraceful comments made by others, several people chose to remove their posts afterwards, hopefully because they realized they'd gone a touch too far.
As a result I attracted the Ire of a certain member that quite frankly dissapointed me big time.
This is the last comment I'll make on anything non bike related.
Stick your head above the parapet too often and it'll eventually get shot off.  

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2011, 07:11:01 am »

hell no you can't stop a topic just because you are morally outraged, man up to the fact that any political discussion on here is going to reflect a pretty broad spectrum of views and you have to tolerate that when you post contentious issues.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2011, 07:15:34 am »

hell no you can't stop a topic just because you are morally outraged, man up to the fact that any political discussion on here is going to reflect a pretty broad spectrum of views and you have to tolerate that when you post contentious issues.

I think he's upset at the personal attacks Marc.
I know I find them disturbing sometimes.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2011, 07:39:53 am »
I think he's upset at the personal attacks Marc.
I know I find them disturbing sometimes.

Yeah better not to make it personnel But it kind of goes with any thread, if you start it then steer it back where you want it to go. If you believe what you say then a few people taking a swipe at you won't bother you. I prefer to take the piss when someone has a go and be the last one standing, like the 'real HL 500 thread' .... you can't storm off mate its un Australian ;).

Hey Wasp they might have gone PC in schools but seems judging by my kids experience they are not any less nasty or violent for it. You just got to teach your kids how to get even... my daughter was getting bullied so I told her to spread a rumor that the other girl had ringworm.... worked a treat  ;D

formerly Marc.com

Curly3

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2011, 07:54:42 am »
And you've got the audacity to comment on what the forum should be about when it was your post that caused the whole problem then was gutlessly removed.
Not happy Jan.
I lied, I had one more comment to make.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2011, 09:13:57 am »
I lied, I had one more comment to make.

Its amazing with this forum sometimes how outraged  people get, they are all phoning up their mates in the background, its a real hoot.

Mate don't take the personnel attacks too seriously, its just a bunch of chest beating.
formerly Marc.com

Offline wmc83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2011, 09:20:01 am »
Particularly when the economy gets a bit tougher you will see far more friction like in the UK and Europe and keeping the immigrants especially the New Zealanders in line will become a major issue.
Wow you've got an axe to grind.   They really are a militant bunch those kiwis and they really don't assimilate well at all eh bro.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2011, 09:56:41 am »
Wow you've got an axe to grind.   They really are a militant bunch those kiwis and they really don't assimilate well at all eh bro.

Tell you mate they will be rioting in the street, I would lock up your sheep and refrigerator while there is still time.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2011, 10:09:47 am »
X -mas at school is already banned  , it could offend some poor new comer  ....

Really?
A lot of schools don't go near the religious side of Christmas (yes, I know: "the reason for the season" and all that), so the nativity stuff and all the rest is absent nowdays.
But I am yet to hear of any school pretending that Christmas or Easter simply don't exist.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2011, 10:12:16 am »
This thread has raised some interesting and relevent points but like nearly every other thread to do with politics on this forum, it turned into a farce because some people just can't help but be offensive, ruining good discussion with name calling and racist comments. The art of good debate is to raise good, well founded points that inspire inteligent discussion. I don't understand what Walter was trying to achieve with his sexist, racist rant. Did he think we'd all fall off our chairs pissing ourselves laughing? Well I saw it as offensive and going by my PM's this morning I'm not the only one.

I'll go on record and declare that I like Walter. I have his shocks on a couple of my bikes and we've always got on extremely well face to face. The difference between Walter and I is that his philosophy and mine are diametrically opposed and what he sees as a funny throwaway line I find offensive. The term "raghead" harks back to our previous immigration debate and our vilification of "slopeheads" from South East Aisia and the "wogs" and "spicks" from a decade beforee that. Namecalling was as wrong then as it is today. It's not so much the name that's offensive as is the hate hidden within it.

The thing that pisses me off is that this forum is dedicated purely to Vintage Dirt Bikes. Like all facets of society we all possess different philosophical ideals but the common denominator that's drawn us all here is our love and interest in old dirt bikes...full stop. While our political thoughts and ideals are important to us, they don't belong on this forum. These discussions do nothing but raise predjudices that wouldn't come to the surface if we just stuck to old bikes and avoided divisive subject matter. I've been called a commo, lefty and pinko by people whom I lknow and like but who don't agree with my politics. The names don't hurt me but it annoys me that someone has made their mind up of where I lean politically without delving deeper....I'm automatically branded in their minds. In the end, debates like this sometimes turn very nice people, very very ugly, very very quickly. I'm disappointed in myself for breaking my personal vow not to post on these threads any more but when I saw negativity festering and my country being hammered, I jumped in head first. It ain't going to happen again Yesiree, Bob.

I repeat...politics has no place on this forum.........now, to make myself feel better I'll now go over and buy something off Marks Swapmeet ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2011, 10:25:22 am »
I repeat...politics has no place on this forum.........now, to make myself feel better I'll now go over and buy something off Marks Swapmeet ;D

I don't know it livens things up a bit.... maybe we just need to make the political posts more VMX related:

Like .... What Bike would John Howard Ride ?
formerly Marc.com

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2011, 10:36:24 am »
.... What Bike would John Howard Ride ?

The one that Janette says he can.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2011, 10:39:39 am »
None...he can't balance a bike. Have you seen him bowl a cricket ball. ::)
(Doh! I've posted again :-[)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2011, 10:42:28 am »
.... What Bike would John Howard Ride ?
The one that Janette says he can.

I don't know when I think John Howard I think early DT125 bimbling along the trail at its own speed, but reliable and getting there eventually.

Bob Hawke then..... I am thinking Rickman BSA, cranky old single with technology a bit in the past, but is considered a classic and still has fans today.

Paul Keating ???

formerly Marc.com

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2011, 10:52:37 am »
(Doh! I've posted again :-[)

We won't tell anybody…
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"