Author Topic: Mugen Hondas  (Read 2813 times)

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Mugen Hondas
« on: August 28, 2011, 05:52:13 pm »
I have just aquired a 1977 cr125m mugen honda from a fellow forum member
It is quiet a tidy little bike that I will have a bit of a ride on, maybe canowindra, and then I will restore it and make it all pretty, It has the mugen, head, cylinder, reeds and exhaust and muffler. does any one have any info, pics, of the 76, 77 125
I also have my other 1977 cr125m mugen honda that I race dirt track on in pre 78 125 The mugen top end for this bike I got from england and had to weld and renicasil cylinder
I am just wondering if anyone knows how many mugen kitted bikes from 76 through to 1990 were actively racing around our mx and short circuit tracks here in australia and would they have been sponsored riders and or privateer riders
how much were the mugen kits to buy back in the day, I would also like to find a mugen head and cylinder to fit my 75 cr250m,
were the 250 kits less available than the 125 kits,  thanks for any help and information

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Mugen Hondas
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 07:46:28 pm »
You're best talking to Tony Hatton, he was the Mugen dealer here and built Mark Pace's bikes. I don't think there were a lot of them around.

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 08:02:08 pm »
 thanks johnny0 appreciate your help

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:48:09 pm »
You're best talking to Tony Hatton, he was the Mugen dealer here and built Mark Pace's bikes. I don't think there were a lot of them around.

Did Pace's and Behrens's 250m3's run mugen top end's? Trick as they were I dont recall that.
Anyway there seems to be more 125 kits around , probably coz the 125's were competitive in there class than the 250's were.The 250's needed major suspension and chassis mods to be anywhere near the other makes.
There a couple of kits down here but not for sale.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 08:54:29 pm »

Did Pace's and Behrens's 250m3's run mugen top end's? Trick as they were I dont recall that.
Anyway there seems to be more 125 kits around , probably coz the 125's were competitive in there class than the 250's were.The 250's needed major suspension and chassis mods to be anywhere near the other makes.
There a couple of kits down here but not for sale.
I only remember Pace's and Willoughby's '79 honda's with Mugen kits and there was a Honda Australia '81 CR250 racing in Qld with a Mugen top end.
I've seen more Mugens in the last few years than i ever saw back in the day.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 12:21:05 am »
Back in '81 Mike Landman was riding Honda's, he and I were both supported by Bailey's Honda in Frankston, (yep was originally owned by George Bailey; Robin & Andrew's Dad), although obviously Mike was supported more than this slow-poke LOL...... Well, Mike rode a CR450RB and a Mugen kitted CR250RB.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline ozyditcher

• B-Grade
  • saddleback park made me leve Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 10:35:40 am »
what happen to Mark Pace? I went to school with him, i would walk by his house and remember seeing trick Hondas

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 11:06:19 am »
what happen to Mark Pace? I went to school with him, i would walk by his house and remember seeing trick Hondas

Lives,on the Gold Coast think he has a BOBCAT business pops up now & then at some races mad it too Classic Dirt back in 2009/10?