Author Topic: Bring on the RWC.  (Read 4356 times)

Curly3

Bring on the RWC.
« on: August 27, 2011, 09:59:48 pm »
All tongue in cheek boy's but things are looking shaky in the "Shaky Isles".
YEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAH.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bring on the RWC.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:17:50 pm »
The wobbilies totally deserved there win....you dont send second rate teams  to South Efrica the week before and expect to front the next week with players who think there shit dont stink and win.....the chokers first choke....and it wont be there last....too many old men and a coach who lost NZ there last world cup.....he doesnt have a plan B when plan A goes out the window and doesnt react fast enough....there all too old....dingo Deans will be one happy little camper tonight.....Quade Cooper wants to watch himself, he might get strechered off if he keeps doing some of the shit he does............looks like my $100 bet with my brother inlaw is safe. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Curly3

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:45:01 pm »
Davey, as usual the Blacks are the favourites, we'll enjoy our spoils for the momment.
The World Cup will be a lottery, as it should be.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 11:25:54 pm »
Great win but I'm not dancing in the street yet. We've still got a World Cup to play and hopefully win. Dingo Deans and Big Jim Williams have been slowly building a new team with one goal in mind..The Webb-Ellis Cup and tonights win tells me that they're coming on the boil right on schedule.
Tonight was the first time I've seen Richie McCaw look flustered.....a good sign that the Wallabies are now good enough. 
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:11:44 am »
The weather gods where smiling on us last night, had it still been raining, I fear the result would have been a whole lot different, playing a slow grinding game in the fowards the All blacks dominate and the first 20mins of the second half showed that. Give Australia the ball though, and it's as though the game has changed up three gears and the All Blacks don't know which way they went. Two different teams playing two different styles of rugby. The wheather conditions will be the determining factor.....oh and the fact your playing New Zealand in New Zealand.

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:36:44 am »
The weather gods where smiling on us last night, had it still been raining, I fear the result would have been a whole lot different, playing a slow grinding game in the fowards the All blacks dominate and the first 20mins of the second half showed that. Give Australia the ball though, and it's as though the game has changed up three gears and the All Blacks don't know which way they went. Two different teams playing two different styles of rugby. The wheather conditions will be the determining factor.....oh and the fact your playing New Zealand in New Zealand.

I woulnd't worry to much about that , the average kiwi would struggle to buy a ticket . The fact they are still trying to sell tickets to games this close to the start says somthing.
 Well done to the Wobblies though  :) i think Joan summed it up pretty well , just that the choking has started earlier than usual  ::)
My moneys on a Poms Wobblies final  ;D

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 11:07:51 am »
My moneys on a Poms Wobblies final 
I've gotta admire your confidence in the Poms Bill  :-\. Unless it's pissing rain for the whole RWC, I can't see the old fashioned Pom kick, chase, rolling maul type of game working against teams with fast funning backs like the All Blacks, SA and Wallabies. I really hope you're right but it's going to take a good side to keep the All Blacks out of the finals. Of course there's also the famous All Black Choke being a factor. It's not a matter of if it'll happen but a matter of when it'll happen.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

TooFastTim

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 11:20:25 am »
Christ, I hope the Saffies don't win it again. They'll be bloody insufferable.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 12:18:05 pm »
I woulnd't worry to much about that , the average kiwi would struggle to buy a ticket . The fact they are still trying to sell tickets to games this close to the start says somthing.

I think there is this bullshit assumption by Governments that ALL the population support crazy multi billion extravaganza and this whole idea that the nation is suddenly 'put on the map'

Recent survey in NZ shows that only a minority 48% of the NZ population support having it. Now I am not saying don't have your RWC ..... just don't spend Olympic scale billions on sports  grounds tents, committees and inflatable Wakas until you have the rest of your house in order..... 2 million spent on infatable Rugby ball is money that would have been better spent on rebuilding Christchurch or things to the long term good. The only real benefits of these mega sporting events, apart from stroking some egos,  is it gets Government off their ass to improve infra structure like the roads in Auckland.
formerly Marc.com

TooFastTim

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 12:30:49 pm »
Don't get me started Marc. Last year SA hosted the soccer world cup. Stadia were built and infrastructure was built or upgraded. The infrastructure was only for the world cup (e.g. roads leading to stadia) and nothing else. That country now has a financial hangover of note.

TM BILL

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 12:44:24 pm »
There probably spending shit loads in London for the Olympics  ::) but personally i couldn't give a fat rats arse  ;) as although i was born and raised in England  :) NZ has been my adopted home for nearly 30 yrs and this is where my heart is  :)
Still think it will be an OZ Pom final though  ;D

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 12:54:28 pm »
There probably spending shit loads in London for the Olympics  ::)

Yep 22 billion pounds was the last estimate..... Beijing spent 70 billion US and the city government is now closing hospital and necessary infrastructure to try and cover the bonds that are coming due. As for glory can anyone remember where the RWC was held 8 years back.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Mutch

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 01:09:25 pm »
Yep,it was in Australia and the Poms beat the Aussies in the final.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 01:31:44 pm »
Anyway I am worried that the lasting image of NZ most fans will have is a nation that is going to gouge them on price and to justify the stupid expense has been encouraged to view the fans as just money bags on legs..... hotel charges are up to 4 times and meals in downtown Auckland are double what you would usually pay.

$500 for a bed that had a homeless dude sleeping in it until last week doesn't sounds good to me.

Like I said have the game but the emphasis should be on the game not the so called  'spectacle'.
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 01:44:12 pm »

Like I said have the game but the emphasis should be on the game not the so called  'spectacle'.

Bloody well said Marc  :)