Author Topic: Fork leg protectors?  (Read 876 times)

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Fork leg protectors?
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:17:46 pm »
Where can I find lower fork leg protectors for my 76 YZ250? Have been looking on ebay but no luck.
Is there a generic stick on type that can be cut to size, or a semi rounder plastic type that will fit?
Do bike shops have something that might do the job? Dont want the Hot Wheels Track look!
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Fork leg protectors?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:35:56 pm »
www.vintagefactory.com have stick on foam FMF type

You can also make some out of PVC pipe or use some plastic from a cut up ice cream bucket as its thin and flexible.

You might want to look up Maier universal fork protectors. They make a basic for guard to cover the upper tubes on USD forka that may work for lowers on conventionals. They may be a little big thought diameter wise?

You can also get thick clear or coloured sheet you can stick on.

I would do with getting some PVC pipe of plastic sheet and make your own. I saw one guy make some for a 80's HRC replica CR500 and he used grey PVC pipe and they ended up looking just like the HRC guards pretty much.

Have you tried DC plastics? Look at their unversal RM/TM fork gurds in white or yellow. If they dont have them try Vintage Suzuki.com
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022