Author Topic: Sydney dirt bike spectacular Parramatta speedway Sept 10  (Read 1300 times)

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Sydney dirt bike spectacular Parramatta speedway Sept 10
« on: August 06, 2011, 08:32:14 pm »
Day/night racing, might be worth a look or ride, close to home if you're in Sydney. Be good see a vmx'r give the moderns a run for their money. 
http://www.sydneyspeedway.com.au/schedule/details/83-sydney-dirt-bike-spectacular.html

PS, not sure of date, link shows 10 sep, Cycle torque mag 17th sep.?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:38:14 pm by vmxrider »

Curly3

Re: Sydney dirt bike spectacular Parramatta speedway Sept 10
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:50:30 pm »
Someone should ask them about running a Classic class?
I bet they'd get plenty of interest.
I went there in about 75 - 77 when they first opened, the base track is crap for a Slider, too much grip.
Every time they've held a Bike meeting, Speedway. they have had to ship in top soil and the track has broken up big time.
I'd ride an upright there for sure, how good would that be if it became a fixture on the program.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:01:10 pm »
Spoke to some of the lads who rode there on moderns , they reckoned the clay tore the Michys around quite a bit.
Foss

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 09:33:38 pm »
Be great to see a return of regular speedway to Sydney. Have some fond memories as a young spectator at Sydney Showground, from the late 60's to mid 70's, we just took it for granted back then, it was always there. Solo's also ran on the infield at Liverpool from memory, and I think I saw a solo meeting at Parramatta once and the surface seemed all wrong.
Too many other other things to entertain the masses these days to ever think it could be the way it was, and if you've been bought up watching nac nacs, back flips and now front flip freestyle etc. solo speedway would seem a bit ho hum. for the rider I can only imagine there is nothing else like it.

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 09:51:33 pm »
vmxrider, I could get a top class field together for a meeting tomorrow night.
IF? there was a suitable venue available.
Sadly the lack of support SOLO's recieve today is the number one reason it won't happen.
As you said, too many other things to do.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 07:16:04 am »
yeh they did have solos and side cars on the infield at liverpool,track made specially for them went to liverpool every meeting for about 13 years with my parents,used to ride my skateboard around the track after the meeting.when i worked for villawood truck sales in sydney i was in charge of getting a mitsubishi pantech truck fitted out to carry all the bikes for the speedway masters series sponsered by series 500 and commentated and organised by david tapp the son jonny tapp that was about 15 years ago.cheers gary