Author Topic: when is it reasonable to let a moron know he really is a moron  (Read 6617 times)

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
had one of my wanker customers in today-everyone has some ???any way he had change tyre from one rim to the other and flip them legend chinese pitbikes,also fit an old routed 2nd hand tyre to a yzf 250 wheel-rear.tyre was a slick new 2nd hand was old .split,hard from age chaged him 10.00 a tyre anyway may have pinched the tube or tyre was damaged inside.i refused to give him another tube,if it was a new tyre i would have but not a piece of shit that deserved the bin,was i wrong ?should inform that he really is a &%ckwit and should have been a wet spot on his mothers back? spends bugger all as well then wants a discount

ted

Re: when is it reasonable to let a moron know he really is a moron
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 07:56:27 pm »
Phew Rob...I thought that was comin` my way...Did Paul talk to you

TooFastTim

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 08:45:29 pm »
Is he forum member ?

With a Chinese POS? If he is he'll never live it down

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:54:10 pm »
Customers Glad I dont really deal with them anymore , I had a few over the years that I just refused to serve or do work for, They just didnt get it that they cost you money to deal with them and you had to put up with them at the same time.  :P
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline wasp886

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 09:25:48 pm »
Robin i just finished up as manager of Beaurepairs in Dalby. I  can tell you its no different anywhere with a certain few wankers that will try this on all the time. If you just pinched the tube, patch it and throw it at him. And he obviously hasn't got any coin so he wouldn't be a loss as a customer i spose. So spray him mate.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:02:12 pm »
When you finally give up Robin go and get a job in a hire place.
You don,t know how lucky you are.
We had one guy who rented a KANGA , ignored the safety instructions and ran himself down. [Snicker]
Turns out it was our fault for not telling him that could happen.
Lucky the instructions are printed right in front of the operators face.
Boss told him to piss off. ;D

The horse float came back with the customer complaining that the spare didn,t fit.
Yep , some one had swapped theirs for ours. :o

Car got off the car trailer and ran over a woman,s foot , thru the garage door and over a saddle.[Snicker again ]
Dickhead had wound the winch cable on backwards, no ratchet when you do that.
Our fault of course. Didn,t tell him that could happen. Trouble is that I did tell him because he wasn,t the first. :o
And on and on.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 10:03:33 pm »
Sometimes you just have to do a few low paying jobs to develop a loyal customer who'll give you a decent payday one day.
But in this case Robin I think you've been more than patient.

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 03:24:24 am »
One of my mates owns a car accessory place - speed shop - and has a sticker on the glass counter that states "DiCKHEAD NOT SPOKEN HERE". When said dickhead starts to waffle, he nonchalantly starts tapping the sticker with his index finger until they look at it....it's priceless to watch!
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 06:40:38 am »
im know how mike52 feels i worked for kennards at rydalmere sydney for about 6 years.tradies were alright but the weekend warriors that know everything ;D.one bloke in to much of a hurry to listen to instructoins on how to use his chainsaw,and the yeh yeh i know how to use it attitude rings up about an hour later chainsaw stopped working he was told to bring it back we'll have a look,dickhead put the chain bar oil in the fuel tank and the fuel in the oil tank.moron thought it was premix and the oil was the 2 stroke oil not to lubricate the chain :D but he knew all about chainsaws.cheers

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 09:01:35 am »
Grade your clients: A clients are good paying, return customers who deserve your respect and good service. B customers are those who are a little awkward but you think could be upgraded to A's with a bit of nurturing. C customers are the slow paying, whinge over anything, dickheads you really don't want or need. Sack them! I actually tell my B customers of the grading system and it is part of the upgrade process, the look on their face is priceless. The A's are un-aware of the grading but don't need to be, the C's don't get a look in and are short shifted quickly. All you forum members should be asking yourselves if you are A, B or C's to anyone you deal with.
K
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:35:48 pm by bigk »

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 09:06:07 am »
no not you ted,no not a forum member.i put up with pretty well all of them but sometimes 2nd one in 5yrs,they just need telling ;D makes you wonder how they manage to walk and breath at the same time,oh thats it breathing is an involuntary action :D

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 09:15:32 am »
Having worked in the bike scene then a small engine workshop and for the last fifteen  years of me working life in the marine engine trade, and agree with what Slides said, most customers are good to deal with
However
I've only met a few ornery customers at times , one in particular I haven't forgotten.

She'd been a troublesome customer, for the other lads in the shop  for quite some time, one day  she brought a mower in , when asked what's wrong, " Won't start ", duly put it, tagged as such, in the in line up, came it's turn , on the bench, fuel cap off, H'mm , no petrol , check plug, spark, comp, muffler etc, all luverly, put fuel in , prime , prime , first pull start.

Put in out line up, lady comes in a few days later , at Smoko time, 4 of us round table , asks  

" What was wrong with mower ??"
I replied, " It had no fuel in it ",
" Do you think I am that stupid " she said,
My reply "Obviously, Madam, you must be !!."
" I'm never coming here again " , She shouted
She threw the mower into the ute, smoked the tyres out of the driveway, never to be seen again.

I don't think it was what I said that upset her so much ,
I think it was the loud cheer from the rest of the lads at the Smoko table that did the trick,
Foss

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 09:20:12 am »
i worked for kennards .
  chainsaw
I've heard that kennards rent chainsaws. [ Very game ]
Customer told me THAT when I said NO CHAINSAWS.

We work on the principal that if they have trouble with a car trailer.
We try to rent nondangerous stuff but the list is getting smaller by the day.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 09:22:11 am »
Grade your clients: A clients are good paying, return customers who deserve your respect and good service. B customers are those who are a little awkward but you think cold be upgraded to A's with a bit of nurturing. C customers are the slow paying, whinge over anything, dickheads you really don't want or need. Sack them! I actually tell my B customers of the grading system and it is part of the upgrade process, the look on their face is priceless. The A's are un-aware of the grading but don't need to be, the C's don't get a look in and are short shifted quickly. All you forum members should be asking yourselves if you are A, B or C's to anyone you deal with.
K

That's gold. Way back in my retail days, I guess I had a similar grading system, though I never formalised it.
I guess the flip side is that I now grade the shops I go into as a customer... It cuts both ways, but in a competitive marketplace, I wonder who needs a high grade more.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 09:57:19 am »
With working in customers homes for nearly 30yrs I can gauge a customer in 15 seconds, I used to get into some right barneys with the 5% that are never going to be happy. After reading a basic psycology book I realised that a barney is exactly what they want, obligeing them just confirms the opinion they had before. Learning how to disarm them is the trick, and I also realised that the biggest whinger is easily flipped around to your biggest  convert.
Jesus only loves two strokes