Author Topic: What do you do????  (Read 5399 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
What do you do????
« on: February 21, 2008, 06:38:55 pm »
Hmmm saw a similar thing happen at the old Amaroo track. It would seem it also pays to read labels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nQy72y6lU8
Jesus only loves two strokes

Tony T

Re: What do you do????
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 08:04:03 pm »
And like they said on On Any Sunday II, "He's probably still got 24 payments to go on that signal fire."   :D

Doc

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:51:01 pm »
and I don't believe Broadford track work was inclusive in his $3000 insurance policy..

ya see those Rossi clones riding sporty stepthru's in peak hour..this is probably the reason why  :)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:15:09 pm »
Note how quickly that was posted on Youtube ;D also how the flouro marshalls did nix except for making the flames bigger and wider,
Tis a cruel world sometimes :'(
Nah Tony this was real not staged

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 11:32:56 pm »
Do not approach fire unless suitably protected ! Bare skin or highly flammable clothing + Fire just  dont mix .Check state of crashed rider/riders and stop them approaching danger. prevent fire spotting and spreading. Use Foam NOT useless powder!!!!!!!!!!! and have a knowledgeable people teach ...you... how to use the appropriate extinguisher.   
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 12:11:29 am »
thats shit, what sort of race meet canyt even get flaggies or fire mashalls, never mind the right equipmtment. what sort of show are you running up ther timbo ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 09:05:58 am »
I saw this happen to a Husky 400 at Inverell. But it made a comeback I dont think the R6 will.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 02:27:01 pm »
 Freaky and anybody else that must be perfect.
What sort of race meeting cannot get enough flaggies or fire marshalls???? Most of them, smart arse. Look last time you went to a meeting or even the ten meetings prior did you volunteer to help !? Answer most likely %99 NO,  You would have been forced to do the slightest of duties!!!  fork I get seriously pissed off with racing bludgers that can slag off at race meetings and  officials but would not even forken well fart to help out. Do you have a MA officials license??? have you ever shown another person how to operate safety equipment properly!(Do you forking well know yourself!!)   I have,  I do and I am and I have a up to date officials license from Steward  on down.
  What sort of show we running down here ????? tell me where else in Australia there is a dedicated Motorcycle Sports complex like Broadford.  Now Piss off and take a good look around.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:32:58 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 05:00:13 pm »
(1) Gees I may have been having a worse than the usual poxy day that day above.... >:(
(2)  As there has been nil responses to the tirade, maybe a lot of readers felt a little (lot) guilty !! ;)
(3) Come on friends outside of Australia tell me, no tell us ,all the "truth". Do you get all the quality helpers and trained officials at your meetings without having to use blackmail? Like no flagging no ride ?
 Do you have always have totally fast and fun meetings with no nasty incidents ,and everybody respects all the directions made by officials?               If yes tell us all the secret...... ??? Tim       I am not holding my breath for a yes answer...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 05:04:26 pm by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 05:04:55 pm »
Don't think that at all Tim, probably just cause you said we had "better fart to help out" So I guess everyones been doing just that ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 07:01:24 pm »
(3) Come on friends outside of Australia tell me, no tell us ,all the "truth". Do you get all the quality helpers and trained officials at your meetings without having to use blackmail? Like no flagging no ride ?

**Do you have always have totally fast and fun meetings with no nasty incidents ,and everybody respects all the directions made by officials?

I am talking about VMX meetings below.
Tim, I will stand up and tell you the secret but you may not like it.
Yes 95% of our meetings are fast and fun, yes we have incidents, but this is a motorsport.
Over here in NZ, yes we have plenty of flag marshals(and if ask to be a flag marshal, all would be  willing). I think one of the problems is that you guys have to have your meetings on purpose built MX tracks, where as we use natural terrian. Maybe this is why you need more officials, or why you feel the need to protect everyone who comes through the gates. Basically 2 guys run the meetings on the day (althought Kiwi VMX has 5 people in it)and they always seem to run on time without problems, lets face it, how many officials do you need to run a meeting?? The more officials you have the more confusing issues become with stupid petty arguments over nothing (half the time it is the officials who slow down meetings). The best rule you can have is commonsense.   

Trained officials?? who trains them?  A question for you...  how blue is blue??

We are not members to/of any organisations, so we are responsible for our own safety(if you dont think something is safe, dont ride) its that simple.
The sooner you guys control your own sport, the richer you will be for it.
Yes, I know I will take a hit or two for what I say, but you asked for it and you wanted me to speak the truth.

Yes we have accidents. Our own webmaster felt the bite of a high side that ended in a fractured pelvis and broken collar bone, but ask him if he feels it was because something was unsafe or that an untrained official wasnt doing his job??
One of the worse accidents was a broken thigh bone, the guy is back racing and has won most of the classes he has entered in.

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

YSS

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 07:33:53 pm »
DJ , you sumed it up . I think you will have a ball at CD5

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 09:16:28 pm »
Great response DJ  honest thanks, I made one poor mistake (grammar!!!) By incidents I meant protests and disputes track side, Of course we all suffer injuries and worst as motorcycle racing is dangerous sadly.  (Get well soon all you injured OK :)
Love the sound of your meetings (and boy the sound of your tracks VMX Sidecar heaven ;D) but here in Aus. we have lots of greedy low life litigation lawyers and idiots that will not except "responsibility for their own actions!!' ,greenies, politicians, stupid whingers that buy a block beside an old established race track / riding area and complain about noise, dust, mud, filthy motorcyclists etc,etc,, that make things STOP happening ... >:( Keep riding in your marvelous special way as much as possible and enjoy it to the hilt! :D
 Got to have lots of fond memories. Sooner or later the above mentioned lawyers and other swill grab ya's all by the balls. ::)

Oops Sorry answer to your training question, I attend at my own expense Steward /Senior officials courses and updates as given by qualified instructors from the controlling body of Motorcycle sports in Australia. aka. Motorcycling Australia or MA. These courses are subject to exams that must by passed to receive Officials licenses. Safety Fire and Life resuscitation I volunteer to the local Country Fire Authority here in Elmore to learn how to do these things properly, House and bushfire a horrifying tragic part of our lucky country. Then having an up to date First Aid certificate is also on my own expense agenda too. Cheers Tim
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:32:01 pm by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.

YSS

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 09:30:18 pm »
Why can CD run without problems of rulebooks , lawyers ,protests , knuckleheads , and jumping through hoops to get a license? Just pure old time fun and ? Makes you think. It is possible in Australia or anywhere in the world , we have the prove. Thanks to the boys from VMX Magazine with a clear mind for our needs and wants. ;)
As a company we are happy and proud to support that healthy attitude for years to come.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 10:57:28 pm »
(3) The sooner you guys control your own sport, the richer you will be for it.

While I applaud the laid back style of your meetinds DJ, I believe our sport is controlled by us. Us, as in members of MA that have put forward what we believe the rules should be. It just takes a bit longer to get things changed.

Around late 85 I travelled to Holbrook NSW for a 3 hr Hare n Hound race. We had a practice lap the day before & I was riding down this track & noticed a group of riders had started a bonfire in the middle of the track. What are these idiots doing I thought?
When I got closer I realised it was a bike on fire, and the group was watching in disbeleif, some got close enough to try to throw some dirt on it to put it out but the fire was well entrenched. Then one of the rear shockers exploded & they just backed off & let it go. The poor guy said he had borrowed the bike from a mate too.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/