Author Topic: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!  (Read 34075 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Nice looking lid homy
Yeah, I suppose so but I'd rather my $25 Corona lid. I'm not stupid enough to think I can race with it but it's hip and happenin' for cruising the pits on the trials bike ;D

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

ted

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »
Steve sorry to hear that... Maybey his agent in Australia that is convincing every one that this turd is a good bloke can help you out... Over to you Ted!

Steve got his gear...I got mine

Over to you Slawesy!

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2011, 12:10:20 PM »
Gee Ted,
It has been so long I had forgotten what you were waiting for.. If you like waiting months for things you order more power to you.. Obviousely you have heaps of time on you hands.... The bloke is a fork wit.. and I'm guessing your one of his mates so maybey you should find new a new freind that is not full of shit.

BTW Steve had to rebuild his rebuilt motor just ask 090 and Rusty. Steve just got sick of the crap.

If your going to support this guy do it with facts especially when you support him so strongly and lead other poor unsuspectinig guys that are impressed with web site and his claims.
BUYER BEWARE!!

Over to you Agent to the shonk in Australia..
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:16:28 PM by SLAWESY »
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

ted

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »
Nice looking lid homy
Yeah, I suppose so but I'd rather my $25 Corona lid. I'm not stupid enough to think I can race with it but it's hip and happenin' for cruising the pits on the trials bike ;D

I`m with you Mark....for $100 anybody can have one of these....and you can go on the other side of the fence with it

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2011, 09:50:57 PM »
Whatever floats your boat Ted but I don't like it. I wouldn't go "on the other side of the fence'' in an open face helmet as I treasure my George Clooney like looks too much 8). There's also a few too many stickers on it for my taste....way too busy ::). What brand is that mouthguard Ted? It doesn't look like any I've seen before, and I've got a few different types....not a criticism, just curious.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »
A gentlemans protective device maybe?
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2011, 09:02:49 AM »
Remember - NOTHING spells bad workmanship like wrinkles in duct tape! ;D

JT mouthguard? I seem to remember they were popular just prior to fullface helmets taking over.
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

ted

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2011, 05:05:26 PM »
JT mouthguard is correct. $ 4.95 from a BMX shop in VIC this year. Not bad for an original period bit of gear. As useless as it is.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2011, 05:46:47 PM »
They were cool in the mid 80's, JT called them the Mouthtrap ;),I recall Jeff Leisk & Ray Vandenberg using them in the 83 Mr MX series,oh yeah & me too in the back of bumf**k club champs :D

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »
FWIW the swingarm i got does not fit the bike he advertised it for.

which doesnt actually bother me as i want to butcher the mount for use on a different bike anyway. But if i had have purchased it for the bike he said it suited, id be pissed..!

Offline walshy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2011, 07:29:29 PM »
Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2011, 09:10:33 AM »

Sorry to hear that Steveo, I wonder how many guys have just put up with the crap this bloke continually delivers?? I think he is just lucky we are so easy going over here, just as well for him most guys just get on with it and keep quite..

Ted, I really do not know why you defend this bloke, from all accounts you are a good fella.. How many more guys do you need to comment on this bloke before you realise that he is not worth your time?

SLAWESY
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

ted

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »

Sorry to hear that Steveo, I wonder how many guys have just put up with the crap this bloke continually delivers?? I think he is just lucky we are so easy going over here, just as well for him most guys just get on with it and keep quite..

Ted, I really do not know why you defend this bloke, from all accounts you are a good fella.. How many more guys do you need to comment on this bloke before you realise that he is not worth your time?

SLAWESY

I defend him because he has always delivered exactly what i have ordered. Quite often he chucks other stuff in as he has done this time to cover the inconvenience.

I feel for the other guys that have had a bad experience. Ask Walshy who sent him a kickstarter free of charge when i found out it wasn`t in his purchase.Do you think I am responsible for all these guys getting shafted? You listing me as his agent in Australia sure sounds like it!

Don`t worry yourself with whom i defend....It`s not worth your time

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »
Don`t worry yourself with whom i defend....It`s not worth your time

Sure is worth my time, If I can stop one person getting shafted by this asshole then its worth it..

BTW Ted, ever heard the expression "if you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas" there has been enough interest in this post for people to form their own opinion about him and you.
YZ125E, RM250T

Mainline "classic"

Offline mungus

• Novice
  • TT600, YZ465, IT200, F8GS, TS90, Velocette, Gemini
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2014, 10:22:43 AM »
Well for now I am going to add my own caution out there on this business "Back in the Day MX". (Owner Don Mendenhall).   ::)
If he does the right thing I'll update this thread.

- Order took 3 months to arrive.  ???
- Order missing 1 part costing $110 USD.  ???
- Order contains brake torque arm that doesn't fit the bike specified; YZ465G. ($165 USD)  ???
- Order contains wheel spacers that have been poorly polished off to try and remove red anodising, leaving red behind in the creases  and waves in the surface. (I ordered natural aluminium finish). Very amateurish and unattractive, I wont be fitting them. ($80)  ???

So far he hasn't replied to my emails over this matter, which were polite and positive about a resolution.
Web search shows he has done this before. Hence why I am happy to add my experiences to the pile.
One of those forum's posters had to pass the matter to a business improvement body in California to get any action. (BBB?)
If only I had done my homework before I gave him my order and $$$. I guess I trusted in his ritzy website and fast emailing at the start, etc.

It is a real shame as he is a VMX enthusiast like us, and he can do beautiful work when he wants; (brake adjuster, clutch arm extender  and brake torque arm are very nicely made). Plus he was friendly and helpful in his pre shipping emails.

I can machine down the torque arm end to fit my G, but the spacers and missing part (TLS alloy adjuster) are just a write off as far as I can see. So I am now $190 USD out of pocket and highly pi**ed off.  >:(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:25:10 AM by mungus »
Grumpy old git.