Author Topic: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!  (Read 34072 times)

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »
Looks like ive been ripped off.

And stupid stupid me miscounted the 45 day paypal dispute timing and missed it by 2 days.
Hva emailed paypal with sob story but have no doubt i will be told bad luck thanks for your money.

Dont ever ever give any money Don Mendanhall or backinthedaymx.com

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
Steve sorry to hear that... Maybey his agent in Australia that is convincing every one that this turd is a good bloke can help you out... Over to you Ted!
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 10:07:18 PM »
Recieved today .I ordered the spring last summer, got a email asking how it worked out to which I repied that I hadn't recieved it yet. Was told that it was sent some months ago ,now told that it was sent today.The hubs are only a few months waiting........

Your Spring / Hubs & other Parts will be at your doorstep within 3 - 5 days, as per Post Office visit yesterday while mailing other items.

Wednesday has come and gone , nothing yet.

It takes a while.

I know it blows. I put something extra in thier as I do for most.

It will be their before next Wednesday.

You've been very patient, & I appreciate that more than my email can express.

Don Mendenhall
backinthedaymx@comcast.net
http://www.backinthedaymx.com
PH: 925.337.6898

Offline walshy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2011, 09:04:34 PM »
Paypal will not do anything about retrieving your money or product. I tried to get them to act within the 45 day period and was told several times that motorcycle parts are not covered by paypal as they are CUSTOMIZED!!
 Bottom line is they support these kinds of people in their less than legal behavior.Like I said at the start, BUYER BEWARE!!!   

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
Paypal will not do anything about retrieving your money or product. I tried to get them to act within the 45 day period and was told several times that motorcycle parts are not covered by paypal as they are CUSTOMIZED!!
 Bottom line is they support these kinds of people in their less than legal behavior.Like I said at the start, BUYER BEWARE!!!   

What a load of BS!
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

mainline

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »

What a load of BS!

How exactly is that BS? It's what actually happened
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:14:11 PM by mainline »

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2011, 11:04:57 PM »
I sent him an email letting him know that my fathers birthday has now gone by and the parts i paid for 9 weeks ago are no longer needed as they were supposed to be a gift for the day.
That must have struck a nerve with him as i got quite an email back. Lots of swearing and big sob story, about this and that very similar to one previously posted in this thread.
He asked me to delete the email once i had read it? LOL.

He did say that if the swingarm isint here by friday he will refund my money. I dont believe him but getting my money back would be really nice!

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »

What a load of BS!

How exactly is that BS? It's what actually happened

I've had paypal refund money for a bike part that never arrived.  It was a few years ago for a road bike fuel tank.  Might have changed their policies since then?

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 12:46:31 PM »
I've had Paypal refund me for bike parts within the last year or two.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 03:59:09 PM »
I,ve had paypal tell me that they will refund , except for the first $28.
The purchase price was $32.
Gave it a miss :o
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
probally depends on which indian call centre picks up the phone ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline walshy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »
Dead right freakshow!!. I tried 4 times to get someone to do something and 4 times I was told that parts are not covered. If you manage to get a refund more power to you!

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2011, 01:31:14 PM »
Got my swingarm!!

Its not quite as described but still a good unit also packaged incredibly well.

So as the topic says, deal with the guy at your own risk. He just craps on telling you what you want to hear, and has terrible customer service / postage times.

Customer service is the basis of any business, this is something he obviously does not understand.

mainline

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »
looks like ted finally got his helmet, so if nothing else this might give those who have given this guy money some hope that they'll eventually get something in return

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2011, 09:59:36 AM »
Nice looking lid homy
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.