Author Topic: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!  (Read 34073 times)

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2011, 05:56:58 PM »
Ted,
It seems you may be talking about Les at VMX Unlimited. I have recently had a problem getting through to Les whilst exchanging info about the organisation of MR VMX and it seems that he has some email problems. He has been experiencing instances where Outlook informs him that he has received an email but it doesn't make his inbox. He has asked his IT bloke to look into it and he reckons there is nothing wrong???!! Clearly there is, and he was going to contact the IT bloke again in an effort to sort it.

Outlook express can be a pain in the butt. I had to disable mine. It sucked all the emails out of my account and I couldn't access emails from other computers.  My IT bloke said piss it off.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
you maybe correct in your assumptions but Ted didn't name anybody?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »
Not sure if Ted was talking about VMX Unlimited or not but I just want to add my support for Les and his business.

I just received my first order today after placing the order on Saturday. 1 business day for delivery is pretty good I reckon. In addition to email updates on the progress of my order.

VMX Unlimited not only provides a good service to our niche industry but also is supporting NSW VMX in sponsoring the upcoming Mr VMX meeting at Barleigh Ranch.

Cheers
Shaun

Cheers
Shaun

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 10:31:19 PM »
Surely Ted wasn't talking about Les? I doubt you'd find a more abliging business operator than Les and VMX Unlimited. He's always very busy but he's always returned my calls. I've been up there and have seen first hand just how hard Les works to make sure his customers are looked after.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Taka 100

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 10:46:38 PM »
here here and say so all of us, i gota get him an expresso machine for xmas he's allways had crap coffee, dont tell him he thinks its good???  ;D :o ::)

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 08:42:35 PM »

I have got to agree. Les doesn't know me from a bar of soap. I emailed and rang him last year to ask if he knew of anyone with a 495 that may be for sale. He emailed me a few days later apologising for being busy and tossed a few names and contact details my way. That's what is so good with all the ridgy didge people that enjoy motorcycles; they will always see you right.  ;)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 09:36:22 PM »
You shouldn’t judge the attitude of any business based on e-mail replies.
I know I have had a few over the years that when I have hit the reply button which should go to the where the e-mail came from, but they bounce back a few days later. I usually try 3 times and then give up.

Also a lot of ISP’s use spam filters so every now and then I go to the onsite spam box in the g-mail sites and I occasionally find a real e-mail in there, so it’s possible that your e-mail didn’t get through.

Also had the odd message on the answering machine that has poor reception / static and the return number is indecipherable.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 06:50:09 AM »
Also a lot of ISP’s use spam filters so every now and then I go to the onsite spam box in the g-mail sites and I occasionally find a real e-mail in there, so it’s possible that your e-mail didn’t get through.

Usually I like to invest the price of a call at the start of doing business with someone regularly... the service level goes up.
formerly Marc.com

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 08:46:34 AM »
Just like to add my two bobs worth.Spoke to Les last week and as others will testify he has had computer problems.I have found Les to be highly ethical prompt and helpful,also price competitive.I'm sure he would not like to see himself on a buyer beware thread. ???

ted

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »
 8:07 AM
Reply  ?Reply
Reply all
Forward
Delete
Junk
Mark as unread
Mark as read
Delete all from sender
Print message
View message source
Show message history
Hide message history
Show details
Hide details Don MendenhallTo eniibrack@hotmail.com
Sent: Friday, 21 October 2011 8:07:33 AM
To:  eniibrack@hotmail.com

Ted,

I will be shipping your helmet today. I missed your last event.......

It took us forever to locate the SCOTT Goggle Model ( 83X ) Old School ( Red Main Face Frame / White & Red Lettering on Band - Say's SCOTT on both sides. This goggle has the pre drilled holes ( 3 per side ) To accept the Old School Mask.

As explained, we had to paint the Mask & Visor, as certain colors are simply to hard & rare.  The paint was applied with sufficient "Hardener's / Chemicals" in order to withstand typical MOTO Abuse & Roost.

I have set you up with several Ols School MX Decals from the Day. Also set you up with 80 Series SCOTT Tear Off's & Lens as we

ted

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »
I trust him...hence the reason i didn`t join this witch hunt

Good on you Ted, Looking forward to you letting us all know when you have experienced your positive experience, I truly hope he does do the right thing by you....

FYI: I do not trust him.  I do not have any parts on order from him so I could care less...

I do however care about my mates that have been screwed over by this guy, whatever the reason..

Just a thought, maybey you could be his agent in Australia and the guys could deal with you instead of him seeing that he is battling many personal problems and he has your confidence.

Just letting you know

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 08:09:54 PM »
Recieved today .I ordered the spring last summer, got a email asking how it worked out to which I repied that I hadn't recieved it yet. Was told that it was sent some months ago ,now told that it was sent today.The hubs are only a few months waiting........

Your Spring / Hubs & other Parts will be at your doorstep within 3 - 5 days, as per Post Office visit yesterday while mailing other items.

It takes a while.

I know it blows. I put something extra in thier as I do for most.

It will be their before next Wednesday.

You've been very patient, & I appreciate that more than my email can express.

Don Mendenhall
backinthedaymx@comcast.net
http://www.backinthedaymx.com
PH: 925.337.6898

mainline

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
I trust him...hence the reason i didn`t join this witch hunt

Good on you Ted, Looking forward to you letting us all know when you have experienced your positive experience, I truly hope he does do the right thing by you....

FYI: I do not trust him.  I do not have any parts on order from him so I could care less...

I do however care about my mates that have been screwed over by this guy, whatever the reason..

Just a thought, maybey you could be his agent in Australia and the guys could deal with you instead of him seeing that he is battling many personal problems and he has your confidence.

Just letting you know

Make sure you get a helmet Ted, not a painted icecream container.

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »
damn how did i miss this thread  :(

I too am waiting on parts.. well one part, but its not a cheap one.

He has been good to me in the past from a small order, and has kept me up to date with this one. hopefully it arrives.

Offline walshy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 08:41:39 PM »
Good luck with that Steveo. I had to rebuild my " Rebuilt" motor. found old seals in there amongst other things. Fairdinkum, not worth a pinch of s*&t!!!!!