Author Topic: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!  (Read 34912 times)

Offline walshy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
« on: July 25, 2011, 04:21:55 pm »
Anyone looking at buying parts from BACK IN THE DAY MX I would strongly recommend you don't. He will take your money and piss about for weeks then send you half of your order. Then he doesn't respond to emails and phone calls. I tried to get Paypal to sort this out and their official line is MOTOR VEHICLE PARTS ARE CUSTOM MADE AND THEREFORE DO NOT HAVE BUYER PROTECTION!!.So, as far as Paypal is concerned All bike parts are custom made.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Offline wmc83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 05:01:58 pm »
Screw paypal   I had a problem with parts that never arrived from the US by the time I realized something was wrong to much time had gone by and paypal told me to sort it out with the seller (paypal speak for piss off). So I rang Visa who said they don't cover purchases thru paypal (Visa speak for piss off) but talking to my wife's Aunty who just happens to be well placed in a major bank there is a way around it if you have you're credit card linked to paypal account ring them up and tell them it was an unortherised transaction. Visa will back charge paypal straight away but be warned paypal will be pissed and open case between you and the seller ( funny how they can do it after 45 days) also they will suspend your account and make you set it up again (prove your idenity). It's a big hassle but if reasonable sums of money are involved it's worth it and you will get a fast reply when his account is backcharged. In my case it was a genuine postage stuffup combined with the guy not checking his email but it's nice to know you can get your money back if it all goes bad.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 05:38:40 pm »
I have gotten my money back from paypal but it was long jump thou hoops procedure. Shame that this company operates in VMX and dosen't appear to be honest. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 08:21:14 pm »

Eventually the chooks come home to roost for those who do not do the right thing.

Does anyone know if it possible to do a transaction reversal through your bank if you have used a credit card linked to your Paypal account? :-\

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:33 pm »
but you are only allowed a certain number of transactions through Paypal with a credit card before they demand you align a bank account don't they?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:50:42 pm »
I have been refunded by Paypal twice.  Once from the USA for an expansion chamber that I did not receive..US $330 and another for clothing from Korea $150...Both times there was little or no correspondance from the seller  . I filed a claim for a refund after 3 weeks and was immediatly reimbursed, so don,t mess around... just file a claim for a refund and READ the claim form carefully so that you go about it the correct way...good luck .lyle.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:34:08 am »
Claims go thou easy if the seller dose nothing if the seller contests the refund it gets ugly.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline walshy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 06:42:01 am »
Thanks for the replies everyone. I might give Visa a go but frankly I just had a gutfull. It isn't a large sum of money involved, it is more the principle. This wa#!ker at back in the day seems to be supported in his less than legal behaviour by Paypal.I find it hard to believe that when someone admits to short changing an order he still has full backing from the people who say they will protect the paying customer!!

Anyway, time to build a bridge!

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 11:41:54 am »

Looking through Marks swap meet last night and found a warning about back in the day a late for myself and others but if we can stop other people being burnt and maybe put him out of business thats got to be a good thing. Curly

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=19129.msg190215#msg190215
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 12:06:06 pm »
Hi Guys
Walshie is a mate of mine and is as honest as the day is long. This "Twit" from the USA is an absolute "forkwit". Nobody should put up with the crap this imbecile has dished out  to one of the "good" guys that is just getting into VMX . Walshie's  motivation for getting involved was because of the great people you meet just being involved with old bikes and has been stung early and hard by this idiot.

The "Shonk's" website for your reference is  www.backinthedaymx.com and email is [email protected]  according to his website.

I have just sent him the following email message and would encourage anybody that has feels the same way I do to send him the same or similar.

"Dear Don

You have recently transacted with several members of a very tight Knit community of VMX in Australia who are less than happy with your service. Or lack of it.

Please be very aware unlike the USA, the whole of  Australia's VMX community is very small and do talk regularly on forums in regard to shonky and undesirable operators of which you are branded as one.

I do not expect you to realise that  "word" does get around in regard to operators like yourself in other countries, but it does.

I have asked other members to send this email message to you, just so you know that we are a strong and united group. Many will not because they will not like to buy into someone else's "shit fight" but rest assured your name is out there and hopefully people will be warned and informed before dealing with you again.

Life is full of the consequences for someone's actions, lets hope you get your consequences sooner rather than later.

Regards

"insert Name Here"
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 12:07:00 pm »
Email just sent, interesting to see what the response will be.....
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:17 pm »
I just got an head of ol mate a Mr scard, sold as in good conditon blah blah.  never mentioned the fact that when it finally turns up ( usual over priced postage) that both spark plug threads are rooted and eaten away.  YOu cant tell me you cant see that even if you dont know bikes.   GRRRRR
they all do it. be it here or over there, new to the sport or old.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 01:17:30 pm »
Email sent.P
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 02:47:41 pm »
Well Done paco, the more the merrier....
YZ125E, RM250T

Mainline "classic"

mainline

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 03:35:26 pm »
Love your work Lawesy