Author Topic: The Infamous Vern Grayson Cheney Triumph Case  (Read 35413 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: The Infamous Vern Grayson Cheney Triumph Case
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 03:38:45 pm »
Let's get the thread back on a positive note.
Vern's been spending the last few years nursing his lovely wife Averil through some tricky health issues and building this little aeroplane. The 'plane is nearing completion and Vern's looking forward to soon hitting the skies over sunny Queensland. It was great seeing him cutting laps on Jonesy's BSA Metisse at CD8 and he's promised us that once the 'plane's finished he'll bring the Cheney out for the occasional skid.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 03:57:34 pm »
Cool plan, reminds me of them USA al-uminum bullet caravans ( trailerhome)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

cheapracer

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 04:12:40 pm »
Wait, what?

You bring up one of VMX's most controversial moments, call people and I quote "pedantic, vitrolic and bitter" and then just end it as you wish?

Ok, sure, because not a scrap of physical evidence will ever be presented to support that bike ever existing in 1964.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 04:29:52 pm »
Insert Quote
Wait, what?

You bring up one of VMX's most controversial moments, call people and I quote "pedantic, vitrolic and bitter" and then just end it as you wish?

Ok, sure, because not a scrap of physical evidence will ever be presented to support that bike ever existing in 19Insert Quote
Wait, what?

You bring up one of VMX's most controversial moments, call people and I quote and then just end it as you wish?

Ok, sure, because not a scrap of physical evidence will ever be presented to support that bike ever existing in 1964.

Mark..for fu*k sake, please move on. The Vern case ended 16 years ago, I posted my magazine article purely for its historical reasons and to answer the many enquiries as to what it was all about. Evidentally you seem to still want to fight the battle. To be honest, this has never been about you but you seem to have taken on the role anyway. I was actually referring to the 'backroom boys' who worked tirelessly to get rid of Verns bike but you seem to take on threir role despite your claims of being Verns friend. You and I know very well that that was far from the case don't we Mark?

The only person on this thread showing "pedantic, vitrolic and bitter" behaviour is you my friend. Get over it and get back into the shed and start pumping out those Metisse replicas you've promised us.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 04:46:45 pm »
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Mod2

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 05:21:45 pm »
Agree to disagree and let's move on.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 05:27:38 pm »
are flying and building those little planes an old bike rider thing? john walmsley-a mx rider of note in qld teaches people to fly them.i try and talk him into a ride whenever i see him

cheapracer

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »
I posted my magazine article purely for its historical reasons and to answer the many enquiries as to what it was all about.

Are you saying only your version is right and only you can answer questions about this?

I had to bear every bloody BMCC meeting after another discussing this POS - that is one of the main reasons QVMX was started - lets not make ride dates or discuss track options, lets use the whole meeting talking about Vern's forking bike. As I said, I was there and you were not.

SuperSenor50, contact Vern and ask him if he actually gave a shit the effect his bike was having on others? Lets go for a 3rd denial in a row ....

You and I know very well that that was far from the case don't we Mark?

The only person on this thread showing "pedantic, vitrolic and bitter" behaviour is you my friend. .

Umm no "I don't know" - you've got me there, what case?  ???

If you mean Vern didn't like that I stood up and supported the rulebook against his bike well, tough shit. If Vern is embittered towards me to this day because I supported the rule book against his bike - again, tough shit. All my conversations with Vern at the clubrooms and trackside were always friendly and amicable and on occasion Vern would come out to Veresdale on the Saturday to see where the track was going and as I mentioned he was there on the Sunday sometimes as a Steward so I don't know where your info is coming from. Again, as I said, I was there and you were not.

This is a forum and you raised the topic, I have every right to discuss it and I have no problem with my position on this bike, a position that was backed up by the rulebook and MA - it was illegal and you can huff and puff your guts out all day long along with calling me all the names you want to and that fact won't ever change.

See when you lose a debate you turn to personalities.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:58:00 pm by cheapracer »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 05:44:50 pm »
Vern use to race at Veresdale aswell.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

cheapracer

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 05:52:29 pm »
Vern use to race at Veresdale aswell.

Vern raced everywhere including Beaudesert and Cunugra. My point was he elected himself to come along as a Steward, Vern put a lot of effort into VMX back then shame about the Cheney bullshit and a shame how both sides handled it. He was awesome to watch on the Bully.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:16:07 pm by cheapracer »

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 06:11:02 pm »
hey mark is bamford there with you yet or have you sent him home

cheapracer

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 06:14:27 pm »
hey mark is bamford there with you yet or have you sent him home

Been and gone.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 06:25:08 pm »
are flying and building those little planes an old bike rider thing? john walmsley-a mx rider of note in qld teaches people to fly them.i try and talk him into a ride whenever i see him
Walmsley is another ex Qld champ who would be a good addition to the legends lineup at Classic Dirt.

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »
Hi Robin ;
Ive been back in Brisbane since friday, trying to recover from the evil Bei Zhou, clear sweet fragrant liquor , keep forgetting I can't drink like that anymore , I'll ring you tomorrow are you interested in a 53 Harley,
cheers

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 07:43:01 pm »
Now lets be nice. I don't want to carry on with any who's right or who's wrong pissing contest with you Mark because as I said.....it was 16 years ago and our attitudes have changed. Thankfully we've all grown since then and we can move forward in the knowledge that the upcoming rules for pre 65 will make situations like that a thing of the past. If you want to keep harping on your 1999 era argument Mark go right ahead but don't expect the new loving, caring and sharing me to get involved. I presented my opinion quite clearly in 1998 and have long since moved on. ;)