Author Topic: R.I.P. Col Evans.  (Read 1382 times)

Curly3

R.I.P. Col Evans.
« on: July 15, 2011, 08:13:09 pm »
Just rec'd an email from Les Burdus who along with Jim Airey, sadly attended Col's funeral recently.
Most of you would know of his son Glen who regularly competes on Col's original factory Mettise Matchless.
Col had not been well for a while and was noticably missing from Glen's side at the recent Dirt Track Titles in Brisbane.
Best wishes to Glen & family.
He'll be sadly missed.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Col Evans.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 08:31:26 pm »
That's really sad news, Slides,
I knew Col when we both worked for Bennett Honda in the '60s and I'm glad I was able to catch up with him, and have a yarn at the Griffith DT Nats.
RIP Col
Foss

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:52:03 pm »
 R.I.P. Col, another star from the old days.
pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 04:07:48 pm »
jap 454 - col evans was he the bloke that owned/run motorcross honda at blacktown and lived up north richmond?

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 04:12:34 pm »
Micks
I'm not sure but I think you're right, Col was on the sales side of things at Bennett Honda while I was on the spanners, plus we bolted from the Smoke in 1970 , I well remember him at Nepean in the early days on the big single.
Foss

Offline colmoody

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 05:56:39 pm »
Col and Roy East were partners in the Honda shop in Blacktown when they established the business in the early seventy's (I think). With Roy passing away a few years ago and now Col it is indeed a sad day. Like Foss I to worked with Col at Bennetts in the sixtys and for those that have an appreciation of what it takes to be a good Salesman (in every sense of the word) Col was the best.