Author Topic: more chinese crap  (Read 5974 times)

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
more chinese crap
« on: July 12, 2011, 03:13:25 pm »
had to do a safty cert on a bike today,chinese shitcrate with a flash sounding italian name- the chinese manufacturer s name was in small print hidden away.any way it failed the safty-horn didnt work,warped front disc,no damping in the rear shock ,it was like a pogo stick.the huge amount of km on the clock a whopping 105 km.what a pile of crap needless to say the owner was not happy as she had just sold the bike she was up the duff so no more riding,poetic justice tho ,sold un reg to a chinese student :D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: more chinese crap
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 05:17:21 pm »
All those chinese things are pieces of shit made from plasticine..

Curly3

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 06:08:08 pm »
Sold to a Chinese student, sweet revenge.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 12:11:59 pm »

warped front disc,no damping in the rear shock ,it was like a pogo stick.the huge amount of km on the clock a whopping 105 km.what a pile of crap
:D

Then when it crashes it adds to the motorcycle statistics.

cheapracer

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »
I missed the bit in your story that went something like "tightass bitch who didn't want to spend money on a known decent bike in the first place....." .....

Cheap crap "Made in China" has 2 sides - a seller and a buyer.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 06:17:26 pm »
I missed the bit in your story that went something like "tightass bitch who didn't want to spend money on a known decent bike in the first place....." .....

Aren't you going to make cheap Chinese Metise copys. ;D

cheapracer

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 10:13:11 pm »

Aren't you going to make cheap Chinese Metise copys. ;D

China never made Metisses, they came from England.

Offline ksithumper

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 02:14:06 am »
...and many different people other than Rickmans have made them.

...and not all of the work I have seen has been to top standard.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 09:18:06 am »

no i think it was some poor unsuspecting type who didnt know any better

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 11:28:01 am »
The up side :) . My grandsons have them. I get a bottle of rum every time I have to work on them. ::). Any way must go now I'm running late for my AA meeting ;D Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

cheapracer

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 03:11:05 pm »

no i think it was some poor unsuspecting type who didnt know any better

Buyer beware - ask questions as you should if you're entering into a purchase of a product you know nothing about just as bike savvy people ask here before a purchase of a brand they are unfamiliar with for example.

It's historic that there is good and bad products on the market, it's been going on forever with every product you could name.

The Chinese general market is no different than any other, there is crap and products of the highest excellence available here, I bought a German made in China Brawn blender here recently over a shelf full of Chinese brand blenders that were a 1/2 the price.

My 2005 Mazda 6 was fully built in China other than an imported Japanese 2.3 and auto - the car has been perfect and trouble free for 170K kms over bad Chinese back roads or 140kmh freeways and often 4/5 adults. Perfect other than the auto which is slowly dying - now that auto was made in Japan so you might say "oh that's unusual" but if it was made in China you would probably brand it "Chinese crap".

It's all about perceptions, stop buying cheap crap regardless of the country it's made in and they will stop making it because there will be no market - you only have yourselves to blame.

maxvmx

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 04:19:12 pm »
It pains me to post this, I work for a  mining company in WA and recently we awarded a pretty big contract overseas simply because they were literally  one quarter the price and half the lead time! When we did a fact finding trip over there (you guess) their manufacturing capabilities, quality control and work ethic was as good – if not better than ours!
Remember JFK’s speech all those years ago in the US? Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country?  What are we doing for ours? A forklift operator can command a salary of 190K in our north west = WTF!! I’m sorry but I just can’t reconcile that.
If China can produce a product quicker, and in cases better than ours then it’s a no brainer – right? I recently helped out a mate looking for parts for his Ford GTHO faker = guess what – all Chinese made! I accept the argument that the stuff being made there is crap – yes it is, but we’re buying it!
You can take exception to this post with indignation, but the sad reality is that your friend’s colleagues, neighbours and loved ones are financing this in the time it took to read these words! You can argue that what they make is crap – well maybe, but they are not stupid, maybe their revenue might go into improvement, maybe next time you won’t blatantly know what came from there anyway??

Worried Australian.....

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »
$190k forklift operater  :o I say good on him, were I come from only lazy ass managers get good salary and the workers are treated with the contempt they deserve and if they don't like it then we can fill their role with an Indian or 2.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 06:19:16 pm »
It pains me to post this, I work for a  mining company in WA and recently we awarded a pretty big contract overseas simply because they were literally  one quarter the price and half the lead time!
Worried Australian.....

Worry a little more when the resources actually belong to a Chinese consortium, but really everyone flogs the big pay packets during a mining boom for as long as it lasts and then the no use whining when the party is over. Market for anything always returns to equilibrium..... there will be a Robe River style clean out of the NW in the not too distant future.
formerly Marc.com

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 08:35:33 pm »
The latest Transmoto mag has 5 reasons why we will all be buying Chinese in the future-read it and believe....